Chapter 7

Clouds had never looked so large and fluffy. I never realized how big they were from the ground. My mouth was slightly ajar as I watched them float by below us. The world seemed to stand still, yet I knew we had to be going very fast. Ryker sat next to me chuckling softly. Turning to him a glare forming on my face I have him a look. He tried to cover it with a cough. Reaching out I smacked him on the arm but that only made him grin. "Stop laughing at me right now!" I said emphasizing my words by smacking him on the arm once again. 

"I'm not laughing at you Rose, I'm laughing at your reaction." He said clearing his throat. Crossing my arms I sat back in my seat. Ryker moved from his seat next to the one across from me also next to a window. I watched as he leaned forward on his knees, pulling my had from my lap he held it in his. Ryker had been doing this a lot lately. Not that I minded but he always seemed to need to be touching me. 

"Excuse me your Highness, but we will be landing in Arrior in a few moments so we have to prepare for our descent." Said a hostess. Ryker turned to the man nodding. "Thank you." Wit that the host bowed and left the cabin. 

"I have to warn you Rose when we land there is going to be a lot of commotion once we get off the plane. My team has already warned me that there are already reporters waiting. Just stay by my side and don't worry about them. " Fear flowed through my veins as I thought about what he said. What if Jacob was there? What if he already has people looking for me. Even worse what if he tries to attack again or to hurt Ryker. 

Looking to Ryker it was almost as if he could read my thoughts. "You're safe here Rose, Jacob can't reach you here. I told you before we left that I would keep you safe, I will never be breaking that promise." 

Nodding to him I brushed my golden hair back from my face. Breathing in a calming breath I turned back to the window. "Thank you," I told him anyway squeezing his hand, even though I wanted to believe him I couldn't help the small part of me that didn't.

It scares me a bit to think about how quickly I trusted him. When I knew nearly nothing about him. Hell, I had kissed him! When we had only just spoken to each other for the first time four days ago. There is just something about Ryker, I feel drawn to him and I have no idea why. 

"Why do I feel so different around you, do you feel it too?" I asked him turning to face him as the plane came into land.

Ryker looked stunned for a moment, just as he was about to answer the plane jerked beneath us. Throwing us up in the air and then back down harshly into our seats. Looking out the window I saw that we had landed. My heart was in my chest at the forceful landing. 

Barely a minute later the same steward as before came to get us, escorting us to the exit of the plane. Peaking out the door I saw there were guards dressed in navy suits lining a roped-off pathway leading to five dark SUVs. People lined the ropes, with cameras I hand. Others stood in front of large TV camera with microphones in their hands already talking away into the cameras.

My nervousness began creeping up the back of my neck again, causing the hair on my neck to stand on end. Ryker linked his hand through mine, together we began to walk down the runway. 

"Prince Ryker, Prince Ryker over here!"

"When is your coronation?"

"Where have you been?"

"Who is she?"

"Prince Ryker!"

"What do you have to say about the King and Queen's death?"

Ryker ignored them all, continuing to move down the path. But I had frozen in my spot. We were only halfway down the runway when his hand slipped from mine. Ryker turned back to me, but I was too blinded by the bright flashing lights, as well as the hundreds of questions flying around me. Next thing I knew Ryker had his arm around my side and pressed my face into his shoulder, protecting me from the bright flashes. Walking much faster than before we reached the cars. Pushing me inside first, he waited till I slid over then he got in. Closing the door the cameras were gone and the crowds screams muffled. 

Unable to help my self I all but velcroed myself to his side, small tremors rocked me. He was here I knew he was here. Now Jacob knows where I am. He will find me and take me back, he told me I could never hide from him. Why hadn't I listened?

"Rose, Rose?" Ryker's voice broke through my thoughts as he rubbed circles over my side.

"Ryker he was here! Jacob was here I could feel him in the crowd. He's coming for us again. Please I can't go back with him." I all but cried into his chest. Ryker's body stiffened at my words. 

"Driver get us to the palace now! Have some of the guards stay behind. Do not let any of the crowd leave! The Alpha Rouge is here." Ryker snapped at the men in the front seat. 

Without a moment of hesitation, the SUV searched forward flying off the runway. Ryker held me close to his side, as he barked orders into the cell phone that had been handed to him. 

"We will be at the palace soon Rose, we will be safe there I promise."

Slowly I calmed, still leaning into Ryker I glanced out the window. We were making our way through a massive forest. Tall pines lined the road, with soft patches of moss clinging to their trunks, as well as covering the ground. Pressing closer to make out the large shape in the distance I saw the castle. It was massive, sitting perched atop the mountain crest. Towers so tall some of them disappeared into the clouds. This was it, this was my new home. 

########################################################################
Thanks so much for reading! Please vote and comment! Love you guys! :) <3