Chapter 5: Cute

Yazuhawa flipped the pages of her book nervously. It was her science text book. She ruffled her brown hair frustratingly and slammed the book shut. She let out a huge sign before leaning on the chair.

"It's not that hard" Kuroko said in a monotone voice while he was reading his own book. Yazuhawa gave him a look and smack his back.

"O-Ouch, what was that for?" he yelled and lightning sparks appeared between them.

"Don't act like you don't care! YOU KNOW I'M BAD IN SCIENCE!!!" she yelled.

"I thought I told you last week that I care for you" he said with indifference. Her face flushed red.

"F-Forget it" she stuttered and crossed her arm while avoiding his gaze.

He peered at her through his book and smirked.

**********

"Kuroko!" fangirls shouted his name throughout the gym.

It was their match with Touou. Kuroko dribbled the ball fast past Sakurai but was stopped by Aomine. His fast moves had blocked Kuroko and he snatched the ball away from him.

Aomine ran to the other side of the court and made a ferocious dunk. The buzzer was heard throughout the court and the game ended. Touou won.

"DAMNIT!!!" Kuroko yelled as he punched the locker and made a large dent. Kagami pulled him away.

"Calm down! Even I'm angry!" Kagami shouted but Kuroko wouldn't hear.

"Kuroko...." Yazuhawa watched him helplessly.

She was invited here by Riko. They wanted her to watch the match. Kuroko seemed very serious with this one. It's the battle he can't lose.

The way back was much more uncomfortable. Yazuhawa and Kuroko dropped off after others and proceed to their house. They didn't say a word to each other. It was awkward.

"Ne, Kuroko, aren't you hungry?" Yazuhawa asked as she clapped her hands together and made a smile. Kuroko glance at her.

"You want to break the awkwardness don't you" he asked and Yazuhawa sulked. He smiled at her and patted her head.

"Sorry if I made you worried" he said and Yazuhawa smiled.

"As a treat I'll bring you to my house. I'm gonna bake you my delicious cookie. My parents is not home so it's okay" she said cheerfully.

Kuroko signed.

"I guess it can't be help then" and he was dragged away and into Yazuhawa's house.

It isn't as big as Kuroko's mansion but at least warm and comfortable. He dropped his bag on the sofa and eyed the brunette whose happy humming filled the room. She caught his gaze and smiled at him which caused him to blush. He grunted and avoided her gaze and flopped down on the sofa. Her baking smelled good and Kuroko went to look at her.

She made basketball looking cookies and number 11 cookies. She sure wanted to make him feel better.

He chuckled and she looked at him, surprised at his reactions.

"It's cute" he said and she blushed. He poke at her cheek childishly and chuckled more.

"Is it that hot in here?"

"You're the one who's hot" she muttered.

"Pardon?" he didn't hear what she said. Realization hit her and she face palmed. Her face reddened and she pushed him out of the way.

"It's gonna take some time so you can watch the TV" she said and he just nodded.

"What's wrong with her?" Kuroko muttered but he flopped on the sofa and turned on the TV. He was watching a weather reports news. Yazuhawa stared at him. He sure look happy watching it. There's nothing amusing about the news anyway. She then realized that the reporter was the big deal. She was beautiful with long curly blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. Her smile seem to lighten the whole thing up.