Chapter 3: Small Talk

Yazuhawa woke up early that day. It's been two weeks since she's been friends with Kuroko. After the basketball tutoring day his reaction had been the same. He was cold hearted just like before except that he talked more often.

"All I could say is that you're different Yazuhawa. Different from the other girls I've met"

Yazuhawa blushed and banged her head on the table. She thought about what he said, his love for animals, and his warm smiles. She decided to read her romantic book instead. She reached her bag and picked her romantic story. On the cover was a prince kissing the princess. That brought back the memory of the time when Kuroko had to tutor her. He tripped and fell over her. Their lips touch. His lips was so warm and gentle even though it was an accident. She wanted it to be a real one but slapped her face when she realized what she was thinking.

"Having trouble thinking?" a familiar voice asked her from beside her. She turned around and met her gaze with Kuroko whom's face was very near to hers. She was shocked and almost fell off her chair.

"Y-You startled me Kuroko" she said.

"Hmp, sleepy heads" he muttered. Yazuhawa's ears pricked.

"What did you say?" she asked faking a smile. Fire enraging from every part of her.

"Sleepy heads" he said smirking.

She couldn't keep her anger anymore and ran after him into the hallways. The others watched them as if they were crazy. Suddenly Yazuhawa tripped and her knees bleed. Kuroko stopped running and bent down to help her up.

"It's all your fault Baka" she grunted and hissed when he cleaned her wound. Her eyes widen. He drained his water bottle to clean her wound. He then gently dried it with his handkerchief and put a plaster over it. She blushed when she looked at his face.

"Done, now you can proceed with your crazy ways" he teased with a dead pan face. Yazuhawa rolled her eyes.

"You're insane you know that?" She said and brushed her skirt when she stand up.

"No gratitude?" he asked.

"Thank you, Kuroko" Yazuhawa rolled her eyes and giggled. He looked so childish when he said that. Kuroko shrugged and walked back to the classroom where class was supposed to start. It's science, Yazuhawa's worse subject.

"Ugh! Science! And today the teacher is showing the score of last test!" Yazuhawa shouted and her classmates stared at her. Her face flushed red and she remained silent. Once the paper was distributed she groaned when she saw the score. 69/100 what could she expect? Her eyes darted to Kuroko's paper. A perfect score.

"You got perfect?" Yazuhawa asked stunned. She never knew he was so good in science.

"It's just chemistry, no big deal" he said and waved his paper sarcastically. A vein popped on her head.

"Don't boast, I know you're good!" Yazuhawa said and crossed her arms on her chest.

Kuroko didn't care and yawned. He ruffled his hand through his hair and flipped it. An aura came out of him and Yazuhawa started to drool.

He really is like a bad boy prince, she thought.

The girls around her squeal and drooled more. Realization hit her and she wipe her saliva. She glared at the indifferent light head. He rolled his eyes and lean back in his chair. Kagami in front of him was trying to keep his calm because of the squealing.

"Enough!" the teacher clapped her hands and the class became silent.

"You really caused a lot of ruckus" Kagami said faking a dangerous smile when he felt like punching Kuroko.

"I did?" Kuroko's reply mocked Kagami.

"I'll tutor you and Yazuhawa later to repay" he said signing. The two eyes' widen.

"WHEN DID WE SAY WE'RE LET YOU TUTOR?" they said in unison.

"Kagami Taiga, Yazuhawa Sakino! Meet me here after class" the teacher scolded. They glared at Kuroko who blinked his eyes innocently.

"I helped you" he said innocently.

"DID NOT!" and the teacher punished them at once.

**********

"Sakino!" Mizuki called her as she ran towards her.

"Mizuki , how are you doing?" Yazuhawa greeted. Her friends isn't around much and she doesn't know why. Probably another match set up?

"I've been matching Kimeko and Sai lately. Mission complete!" she squealed. Yazuhawa chuckled. She waved her hand and started her way to the cafetaria. While turning she bumped into someone.

"Ah, sorry" the blondie ruffled his hair and bowed. He's huge and looked familiar.

"K-Kise Ryouta? The model?" Yazuhawa gasped in astonishment.

"Ah, you know me?" Kise asked smiling. Yazuhawa nodded.

"Please excuse me, perhaps you know where the basketball gym is?" Yazuhawa nodded and pointed.

"Thanks, Yazuhawa Sakino"he said and waved goodbye.

"H-He knows my name! Mizuki how does he know my name?" Yazuhawa trempled in excitement. A sweat rolled down Mizuki's cheek and she rolled her eyes.

"He's a member of the generations of miracles. Kise Ryouta the copy cat. He's probably a good friend of Kuroko. Since he's the sixth phantom man after all" Mizugi said signing. Yazuhawa's eyes widen.

"Does that mean he once talked about me?" Yazuhawa asked and Mizuki shrugged.

"Find out yourself" she stuck out her tongue and jogged away.

"Kuroko talked about me to Kise?" Yazuhawa still couldn't believe it. She was one of the topics of Kuroko's conversations with his friend from Teiko. Another person aside from him that is also from the generation of miracles. Her famous model. Yazuhawa blushed and slapped her face more than twice.

"Impossible" she muttered.

********

"Long time no see Kurokocchi" Kise waved his hand. Kuroko glance at him over his shoulder.

"Yo, blondie" he greeted and continued to shoot.

"So mean." Childish tears escaped from his eyes. Kuroko closed his eyes and shot again.

"You know him Kuroko?" Hyuga asked. Kuroko nodded.

"Weakest of the Kiseki no Sedai, the copycat Kise Ryouta" Kuroko said bluntly. Some girls squealed and some swore.

"I could say that myself" Kise pouted. Suddenly a ball came out of nowhere. Kise caught it and complained that it hurts. Kagami, the person who threw the ball, challenged him to a match. Kise copied his moves and won it easily. He then asked Kuroko to join his school saying that this place can't pull off his full potential. Kuroko rudely decline the offer.

Before Kise turned to leave he left a mocking message, "I met her too, she's pretty cute." He licked his lips. Kuroko narrowed his eyes and threw the ball into Kise's face.

"Sorry, she's way violent than you think." Kise rubbed his head and groaned.

"I'd say" Kise smirked and waved goodbye.

"Who's violent?" Yazuhawa snarled from behind. Kuroko shivered and his bangs covered his eyes.

"U-Uh, sorry guys I think I forgot something" Kuroko waved his hands and ran away.

"DON'T YOU DARE RUN AWAY KUROKO TETSUYA!!!" Yazuhawa screamed and ran after him. The others laughed.