Chapter 11

Right when we went downstairs, Ammar came at the same time and my parents went with Naylah while I went with Ammar in his car. Just before we entered the car I saw Ammar's mom coming too, the best friends didn't forget each other, my mom had called her Bff (Ammar's mom) to go with us too.

Ammar was a bit low when he came to my house. When we were in the car I asked him, "Ya Ammar, akhi (bro) ما بكم؟ (what is wrong with you ?), why do you look disappointed."

He looked at me then said, "Zayed , اغفر لي (forgive me) the red rose that I was supposed to bring you for your mom fell."
I just laughed and said, it's ok, we will buy another one. I didn't ask for details or anything but just ignored it.

Ammar was telling me about the situation in his house too. It was the same nagging of him getting married. Well he was happy that at least I am one step ahead. Little did he know that my heart wanted to go to somewhere else. My heart wanted to marry Sofia but God planned something else. And he is the best of planners. So I went to see my destiny leaving all my thoughts behind.

SOFIA
Today our boss gave us an off. I don't know why but I was happy as I was now able to go to Hudaa to be with her during one precious moment of her life.
I called my mom, she told me that they would be here by tomorrow, my happiness doubled.

I had taken admission forms for my brother and sister too as life was now going to start in Dubai but I don't know what fate had in store for me. I was so happy for Hudaa, she was going to complete half of her deen. But deep in my heart I knew she would be a bit disappointed because she had fallen for Ammar.

It was noon already and I got dressed up and left.

My car had gone for service again. So I just thought of taking the bus, though I had to walk along the pavement that was below the road where cars passed.
Anyways I wore my abaya, a watch and put on my Louis Vuitton handbag and left with my high heels on.

The weather in Dubai was good so walking was comfortable. I walked along the road not realizing anything or anyone, feeling the breeze that was making my scarf fly. I reached the bus stop, I waited for around 5 minutes for the bus until it came and I went.

I reached Hudaa's house. I said salaam to her mom and she hugged me and I kissed her forehead, talking to her and her talking to me and thanking me for being Hudaa's best friend.

I felt the love that penetrated form her to me and her eyes were purely innocent and just had love for her child. I felt her like I felt my mom. She knew my mom too, they were friends.

Hudaa and I  hugged each other and she saw a rose in my handbag which I didn't keep obviously and I didn't notice where it came from but it looked nice so I left it, i was tired I just kept my bag on the sofa and forgot about it.

Hudaa's mom then told me to get ready and make Hudaa ready too. Hudaa and I talked and I gave her supportive words telling her to trust God. And then I did her touch ups and went to help her mom.

They were things not done yet in the kitchen. I helped her in cooking most of the things while she did the other work. And my hobby, passion I had for cooking made me complete everything in time.

I knew the Arab cuisine, Chinese cuisine which was odd, Italian cuisine, Indian cuisine and a bit of Swahili cuisine too. I had a nutritionist degree. I could be one if I wanted to but I guess, I was more of a professional person hence I went for management.

Later everything was ready and we all just waited for the family.

AMMAR
It was already noon, I was in a hurry and there was traffic which never happened in Dubai. I guess they were problems. I took the other long route. I was going to Zayed's house for his marriage proposal.

We were going to help him set his life. His parents had seen a girl for him. I hoped my parents don't do this to me.

Well Zayed sent me to buy a rose for his mom as his mom loved putting it on her handbag as a design just like my mom who loved roses and designs, in fact my mom judges you by what you wear. She could guess the personality of a person.

I bought a rose and the florist put a white ribbon around it and in my black Mercedes, I headed to Zayed's house.

I was taking a turn in the highway above a pavement when another car came and skid and the rose fell. I don't know where but it fell. I was disappointed as I would disappoint my friend but it was ok.

I reached his house, said salaam to his family, kissed his mom's forehead - she made a dua (prayer) for me - telling me that I would be next.

Before entering the car, I saw, my mom had come too to go see her Bff's choice for her son. Well they were as close as Zayed and I were.
Zayed asked me on my disappointment and I told him about it but he was ok and relaxed and we went in my car while everyone else was in Zayed's father's car which was ahead.