Chapter 1

Because i'm seriously hooked on all 3 of their stories...

Nixie 

The dingy public toilets were not to my taste.

 I looked at my self in the mirror, my messy blonde hair had been tamed into two even braids and only a few strands hung loose, my earth brown eyes blinked slowly displaying my thick lashes, gaze disapproving. No, not good enough.

I pulled my hood up and tucked in my braids, being careful to make sure that not even a single strand was now showing.

 Much better.

 Less distinguishable as the girl I was, now that my head was hidden, I was shapeless under the non-script black hoodie and baggy ripped jeans. More secure, less noticeably a stranger. Unidentifiable to cameras or people.

Perfect for a trespasser and thief though.

I smirked slightly to my self, watching as my eyes twinkled deviously; playing the cute homeless kid had often come in handy, in fact I’m sure that it has saved my life on several occasions, it was always my emergency backup. It was a part that I had down to a perfect T when necessary.

Though it was only useful if it were a human who caught me.

I don't really remember much about how this all started, my memories get increasingly hazy the further back I look into my childhood; some areas draw a total blank. I remember my mothers face, my fathers smile, bits and pieces of what they told and taught me; but it is very little, and often it is useless information.

I don't remember what happened to them.

I do know that I shouldn't be able to phase though. That capability is meant to come at the age of eighteen, the same goes for our magic.

Which also puzzles me, because I cannot access my magic yet, I can just shift.

Sighing, I shook my head to dispel any other distracting thoughts, and glanced in the mirror once more. Satisfied with my appearance, I walked out of the bathroom and walked carefully down the road, sticking to the shadows, and entered a small shop. Quickly checking the front till and seeing the person in charge was busy, I went to some of the back rows where I would be hidden and helped myself to what was on offer.

As I stuffed as much food as I could into my pockets I flicked my gaze around to check for the ones who owned this area. I was fully aware that I was trespassing. I was fully aware that I was stealing. I was fully aware of what may happen to me as a consequence of this. Was I scared? No, I was loving it.

Maybe that makes me a bit odd considering simply the act of trespassing alone could lead to my death.

The fact that I hadn't seen any of the pack yet, however, was slightly disconcerting. Usually there was someone tailing me by now, usually the security was better.

I'm not condoning theft or anything like that. I swear that if I could buy the food I would be happy as can be and I would still be enjoying myself because of the whole death for trespassing thing. I don't know why but that just gets me jazzed every time... Perhaps I’m an adrenaline junkie.

However money isn't exactly easy to come by when you live my lifestyle, I don’t have money whatsoever. I'm not exactly sure how to change my lifestyle either. I've been this way for a long time, and though I have a lot of control regarding where I go, I have little control when it comes to who I am. Some parts of me are quite hard to explain to just anyone...

It's not as though I can get a job, even if I was to stay in one place for longer than a few weeks. I’ve never been to school and therefore have very little knowledge or experience on how a work place actually works,  I'm completely useless in the eyes of any employer at my age and highly suspicious since I don’t have any guardians around, or a house for that matter. My accent also had a tendency to draw unwanted attention.

It appeared that for now at least I was safe, but just as I was about to leave the store something on the next row of shelves caught my eye.

Biscuits.

On the one hand I should probably be high-tailing it out of here right now before my luck ran out and I got into some real trouble, on the other hand... Biscuits... I really like biscuits, seriously it's like an addiction or something, and it would probably be a while before I had a chance to get any human food again. I quickly glanced around, hesitating slightly, before darting over and grabbing the first four packs I saw and stuffing them in my hoodie pocket since I’d run out of room in my backpack. I walked quickly and purposefully to the exit, the guy on the till was still preoccupied and didn't even glance up from the person he was serving.

I smiled to myself as I walked down the street, until I noticed three figures up ahead of me. All male, two with dark hair and the other a blonde. All of them were reasonably well built, tall, and by the looks of things still of schooling age. But, that was not why they had caught my attention. They weren't paying any attention to me, but something about them set my spine tingling.

I slowed my pace and cautiously sniffed the air to find the wind was blowing in the wrong direction. Which would mean if they were who I thought they were they would smell me any second now.

Suddenly one of the dark haired boys snapped his head in my direction and locked his eyes on me.

Yep, busted.

Looks like this pack hadn't all gone into hibernation after all.

I turned and started to run, a grin quickly forming on my face.

What can I say? Chaos is my best friend.

I do love a good chase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Upload number 2! This is rather fun ;P

Please tell me how I'm doing so far, because I have no idea right now and I could really use some support!

What do you lot think of Nixie so far? Do you aprove of the cover?

VOTE AND COMMENT!

p.s. Cheesecake is epic... just sayin'

 EDITED