Chapter 15

I didn't wake up until around 1 p.m, my eyes stinging. Groaning, I sat up and began to rub my knuckles into my eyelids in an attempt to sooth them. Nope.

Scowling, I pulled my hand away and noticed the black smudges on my knuckles. No wonder my eyes were stinging, I fell asleep with my mascara on. For some reason, if it ever smudged along my eye, it somehow got into my eyes and hurt. Felt like a bee stinging my eyeball. Not fun.

Squeezing my eyes shut for a reason unknown to me, I got out of bed, my hands out in front of me as I tried to get to the bathroom. I took a couple of steps forward and suddenly my toe rammed itself into the leg of my vanity.

"FUCK!" I shouted, my eyes shooting open. Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln that hurt! Whimpering, I hopped on one leg as I cradled my injured foot. Hobbling on one foot, however, is a challenge. A challenge I was not ready for, I noted as I managed to trip (can you even trip if you're on one foot?) and fall face first onto the ground.

I just rested there, too lazy and weak to get up. So I just fell asleep again.

Something began to press against my head, nudging it. With my eyes still closed, I lifted my arm to swat at it and my hand connected with something fleshy. Huh. I let my fingers wrap around it. Ew, I could feel bones popping out of it. I lifted my head with a frown to stare at it. It was an ankle. A bony ankle. And as my eyes trailed higher I realized it was Jodie's bony ankle.

My hand quickly retracted, and I flipped myself over and sat up.

"That's unfair." Jodie scowled. What? I opened my mouth to ask what was unfair but Jodie continued without missing a beat. "Whenever I get hungover and smudge the prickles out of my make up, I look like one of those raccoon girls who look like they might smell like tuna. And you get to look like one of those punk girls."

I rolled my eyes. "That's because this mess is only mascara. And I'm not hungover."

"That is also unfair." Her scowl deepened.

"Jodie, I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but because I just woke up and your voice annoys me, what do you want?" I asked, pushing myself up.

Jodie however payed no attention to my comments. "Get dressed and ready. We're going to have a little chat and lunch."

My eyebrows shot up because she was probably going to kill me. "About..?"

"Life. Jobs. Stuff. Getting you a job has actually been on my clipboard for some time, but I've been slacking since I misplaced your file. You're majoring in film or something like that, right? Yeah, I think you are. Now get ready, you have 30 minutes." She was just about to leave when she turned back. "I know you probably have some questions to ask me, so this is your chance to throw everything out there. Also, it's breezy out there so wear a skirt. A pencil maybe, you own one?"

Own one? Yes, a few actually.

Fit in them? No. They were from like my junior year of high school and my hips had filled out quite a bit since then.

But I just nodded. Jodie seemed satisified and walked out of the room, closing it behind her to give me some privacy.

Did she say she lost my file? She better find it before it gets into the wrong hands, Dora's, because I had to write some seriously personal stuff to get into this stupid "Summer Sorority".

Groaning, I began to get ready. I took a quick shower and then towel dried my hair as I brushed my teeth. I slipped into a crop top and not a pencil skirt-I ripped through two of them-, a maxi skirt that ended just above my feet. I applied some eyeliner, mascara, and lip balm and finished the look off with a pair of black converse.