Chapter 34: The Dinner...Part 2

Start from the beginning

“I'm sorry. I guess it is bad to say poor. I doesn't even matter. Myles still chose you. I guess he doesn't care about his reputation. I mean he could have chosen someone with better looks, but he didn't. He's such a sweetheart. He's so fun to hand out with.”

“Annabelle,” Myles said in a low growl.

“Didn't we use to have fun Myles?” she giggles. I wonder how well they knew each other. Was she trying to piss me off? “I'm just saying that my offer still stands. You can still choose me so Mason can be with someone within her...range.” That was it. If he said one more thing, I was going to kill the bitch. Who was so to degrade me. No one was shutting her up. I glance at Henry who had an amused look on his face. Did he put her up to this?

“I...” I tried to say something but Annabelle cut me off.

“Wouldn't you like a nice worker as a mate. A ruggedly handsome man would suit you well.” She smiled at me. I balled my fist trying to control me myself while I thought about running across the table and attacking her. “I think there plenty older men you would fit that bill. Don't you think Mason Faye?”

“Annabelle Mason is my mate. I would appreciate it if you didn't try to give her away. I never said I didn't want her. Your attitude so far show how childish you are. Some might even say bitchy,” Myles snarled at her.

Everyone in the room grew quiet. It was like no one would challenge Myles, not even her parents. It was weird. Myles glared at anyone that dared to look at him. Maybe there were a few things about him that I didn't know. I've only known him for a short time.

Heir starting bring out the food and my face lit up. I would marry food if it was legal. I waited until all the men had taken their first bites, then I ate. I was enjoying every bit until I eyes drifted to Noah. I watched him est like I was a groupie.

There was something erotic about the way he ate. I could tell he saw me staring. He loving every bit of it. He smile told it all.

After awhile things went pretty stale. No one really had conversations except the Longwoods and they only conversed with themselves. It was pretty boring and uneventful.

After Annabelle and her family left with her tail between her legs, I cool down a little. It just killed me when Noah had to go to. We exchanged one quick glance before he left. I felt like my heart had drop to my stomach. I didn't know why it was affecting me so much. I thought I was coming into terms of losing him. He's pulling me back in and I don't know how to handle it. Why was fate so cruel to me?

After awhile it was just me, Myles, Henry, Mrs. Bellows and Keegan. I was hoping they would leaving immediately after Noah, but they didn't. The whole night Keegan kept giving me strange looks. With all the booze he was consuming, I was surprise that he didn't say anything. It is still a surprise to me that Keegan and Myles are related. Well, they aren't really, but they don't know that.

“That was a nice dinner, huh?” Henry sip some of his alcohol. “It's been awhile hasn't it?”

“Not long enough,” Myles muttered under his breath.

“Henry, have you thought about my proposal?” Mrs. Bellows asked.

“I told you before Heather. I will not fund your newest scheme. It's to much of a risk,” he took another swallow of his drink. “No wonder I divorced you.”

“My husband Charles is a real man. If he had the money he wouldn't question me...””

“Yeah Charles is a real man,” Keegan laughed dryly. “Like the time when he told me to take off my clothes and get in bed with him. Or the time when use to touch me,” he stumbled backwards a little. “Or how about the time when—”

“Shut up!” Mrs. Bellows shouted. I looked at her then at Keegan. Myles held my hand and I squeezed. “Charles would never do such a disgusting thing. I will not have you dirtying his name!”

“Oh really,” he gulped down some more liquor. “What are you going to do about it? It’s not like you haven’t kicked me out of the house when I told you before. What are you going to do…mom!”

“I’m leaving,” Mrs. Bellows got up from the table and tried to walk out of the room when Keegan threw the bottle at the wall near her head. The glass shattered into pieces and fell to the floor. Mrs. Bellows fell to the floor and looked up at him. “You’re crazy!”

“What’s the matter mom? Is it too hard for you to hear? Or are you angry that he found a new toy to play with the last five years,” he hiccuped then wiped away some spit with the back of his hand. “Oh no, you don’t care. It’s to be expected when your daily fill is booze and pills.”

“Okay, that enough Keegan,” Henry ordered. “This is neither the time nor place for this. We will handle this later,” Henry glanced at me then back to Keegan.

Keegan stared at his father in shock. He started shaking. A single tear ran down his cheek before he ran out of the room and slammed the front door behind him. He slammed it so hard that I could hear glass breaking. It made me cringe.

Mrs. Bellows got up and straightened her ruffled blouse. “Well, I guess I’ll see you later Henry,” she walked out and closed the front door behind her.

I sat there in complete shock, holding Myles hand. I turned to him, but he wouldn’t look at me. Henry got up from the table and never came back. This was nothing like my family.

***********************************************************************************

Did anyone catch the part where Keegan is also Henry's son? The only problem is that Henry is sterile. Why did he kill Myles's mom but not Keegan's?”