24|| Ginny

Ginny Weasley opened the diary again, shaking as she dipped her quill in.

Tom, she began, her quill trembling, but never got any further. The book seemed to radiate darkness, filling her with a cold feeling. Yet the feeling was familiar, as if it'd happened before. Ginny tried to shake it off, scratching out some more words.

Tom, please, help me, I think I

She was cut off by the darkness surrounding her, pulling into her very soul, then suddenly everything was dark.

>>>•3rd POV•<<<

Ginny seemed to be made of nothing as she slipped down the halls, somehow avoiding everyone. Back to the scene of the crime. She lifted her wand— unknown words came to her, and dragged it across the stone. Letters formed, none with meaning to her.

Robotically, she set off for the bathroom, her eyes milky white. Not even the ghost of that mudblood girl noticed her— Ginny was invisible.

Open, she hissed and the entrance was revealed. Without hesitation, she jumped in and slid down to the bottom. The presence dragged her forward, through the chamber, opening the second barrier, and threw her down. Only then did it leave her there, on the cold stone floor.

>>>•Ginny POV•<<<

Ginny's eyes snapped open with a gasp. She glanced around, and knew the worst. The small, black diary lay at the foot of a statue towering above her. Loud, terrified breaths echoed through the chamber, and she was faintly aware that it was her own fear. She was going to die. She let out a cry. It echoed around the chamber, but changed the more they echoed, like a cold laugh resounding around her, millions of voices laughing at her. She scrambled to get away from it— had to get to the diary— had to destroy it—

Suddenly the book began to glow, like a portal, and out from it stepped a boy. She knew who it was. But before she could say anything, Tom Riddle gave a sinister smile and waved his hand. She could feel the coldness of the floor below her, but couldn't see it. Then even that feeling faded, and all that she could think and hear, was a small ticking noise, and a feeling of a timer counting down. With every tick, another series of darkness coursed through her veins, draining her of everything.

24:00

23:59

23:58

23:57