Chapter 5: Sicheng

Sicheng's POV:
It was a beautiful day. The sky was a clear blue, wind blowing gently and birds whistling happy tunes. I walked along the road with my luggages in one hand, mindlessly humming while checking the maps. I was almost there - the place where I would probably stay for the next few months. It's my aunt's house in Seoul but she travelled most of the time so she let me stay there. I was grateful as the location was much nearer to both my school and practice building compared to the place I could rent. You see, I only came to Seoul about 1 year ago to sign the contract with SM Entertainment, one of the biggest agencies in South Korea, to be a trainee. My dream had always been to be able to perform on stage so this is a huge opportunity for me.
'Woa...' - My jaw dropped when I saw the huge mansion in front of me. A fancy-looking water fountain along with some roses and vines decorating the gate added a vintage feel to it. - 'Can I really stay here?'
I fiddled with my backpack and took out the key that my aunt gave me the other day. Carefully, I inserted it into the lock and...
- "Sicheng? Is that you?" - A familiar low voice made me halt. I turned around and was surprised to see someone completely unexpected.
- "J..Jun hyung?" - He hadn't changed much since we last met so I recognized him almost immediately. - "I..I thought you're in Japan?"
- "I moved to attend some... business." - He answered. I could feel that there's something bothering him even though his face remained as stoic as ever. - "How about you? What happened to the dance academy?"
- "Well, I got accepted into SM!" - I grinned widely. - "That's why I'm here, ready to train and prepare for my debut!"
His eyes shone in approval and a sense of pride swelled up inside my chest.
- "Congratulations. I always knew that you have what it takes." - He patted my head. To others, Jun might be a rigid person who's always serious and professional but to me, he's like the caring older brother that I've never had.
- "Thank you." - I smiled. - "Would you like to... come in?"
Even though I haven't been here before, I think it'd be more convenient for us to talk inside. After all, my aunt did told me to feel free to invite my friends over.
- "You live here?" - He raised an eyebrow. - "I haven't seen you around."
- "Uhm... it's my aunt's house but yeah, I'll be here for awhile." - I laughed. - "Actually, this is my first time visiting too."
- "I see." - Jun examined my luggages. - "Well, tell me if you want a tour." - He then pointed to a nearby mansion which, to my utter amazement, might be twice as huge and grand as my aunt's. - "That's my boss's. I'm staying there as his bodyguard."
- "Wow...Your boss must be very rich!" - I added jokingly. - "Hope he's paying you well!"
- "He is." - Jun suddenly coughed. I glanced at him and noticed that he was busy staring at something else. - "I think it's time for me to get back to work. See you."
I followed his line of vision and was greeted with a sight of a pair getting out of a luxurious sport car that looked like it'd worth a big fortune. It was parked not very far so I was able to see the male's face - a handsome guy with frosty white hair dressed in formal black suit. Although, it was clear that both of them haven't taken notice of me and Jun's presence as they were engaging in a seemingly heated conversation.
- "Sicheng, you better go inside." - Without waiting for my reply, Jun strode over to the couple, his eyes hard and cold. It could only mean one thing: business. Usually I would listen to him in these situations but this time, curiosity got the better of me so I decided to stay and observe for awhile. Jun had always been so secretive about his job and sometimes, it really made me wonder...
- "Excuse me." - Jun lightly tapped the female's shoulder. The guy standing in front of her stopped talking and tensed visibly, as the girl slowly turned around.
Then, in what seemed like one of the most dramatic moments of my life, realization hit me like a firetruck.
'I know her.'