Chapter 2: Taehyung

Taehyung's POV:

- "Nice to see you again, um.."

And the pieces started to fall into place.

'So Sana was the one he talked about?'

I wouldn't have thought. What was she doing there at that hour?

- "...Oh, I don't think I've caught your name yet." - Sana grinned sheepishly.

However, Jungkook didn't respond, which was really unusual. I mean, he's always been a bit cocky and all, yet never before had I seen him looking so...awestruck? To others' eyes, it might appear that he was being his normal arrogant self, but I knew better. What I didn't get was why?

'Did something else happen between them?'

- "Jungkook." - I answered for him, after half a minute of complete awkward silence. - "A friend of mine."

- "Ah. Nice to meet you, Jungkook." - Sana smiled brightly, unbothered by Jungkook's seemingly rude behavior. - "Well, I gotta go now. See you guys later!" - She waved us goodbye and walked away. All the while, Jungkook's gaze followed her form until she was totally out of sight.

- "Alright, mind telling me what's going on?" - I asked, seeing that Jungkook had finally returned to normal.
Jungkook shook his head.

- "Nothing."

I snorted.

- "Don't give me that bs, Kook. I've known you long enough."

He shrugged nonchalantly.

- "I'm just curious about her, that's all."

I stared at him, wide-eyed. Jeon Jungkook being interested in a girl? The world might be ending! Though, it's Sana we're talking about so I wasn't too surprised.

'It might be a chance to get him to open up to others beside BTS.' - An idea suddenly appeared in my head. Yet, for unknown reasons, I didn't feel too good about this.

- "How do you know her?" - He suddenly asked.
I stayed silent. Memories came flooding back to me.

Flashback:

Sana was a freshman and I was a sophomore back then, in high school. We were assigned chesmistry partners and eventually got close. She was actually my only female friend, as she seemed to be the only girl who didn't mind me being a so called 'playboy'.

However, maybe it was my foolish tendency of wanting things I didn't have that I found myself developing a crush on her. It was nothing major so I had no problem acting normal towards her, but one drunken night was all it took. I remembered kissing and confessing to her about my feelings. I didn't know her answer as everything became so blurry after that. The next morning, I woke up with a horrible headache and mentally beating myself over for my stupid, careless action. I was going to apologize to her and try not to make our friendship awkward... Unfortunately, I never had the chance to do any of those, as she moved to Japan all of the sudden. She didn't leave any contact detail either, so I was left there with mixed emotions. First confusion, sadness, then guilt turned to rage. It took me more than a year to get over her disappearance and I vowed to never forgive her. A lot of things changed ever since. I joined BTS - a group of troublesome students. There're 7 members: me, Jungkook, RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope and Jimin. We all had bad reputations due to different reasons but one thing in common was that people wouldn't dare messing with us. Well, some had the guts to try but it never ended prettily. Also, I was engaged to the daughter of my father's business partner. She's great and all, but I remained loyal to my 'playboy' way. Old habits die hard, indeed. Anyway, just recently, Sana came back to Korea and even coincidentally transfered to my school. I was dead set on ignoring her presence and acting like complete strangers. However, once we actually bumped into each other, those plans were all forgotten. She's even more gorgeous than before. Without the nerdy glasses nor childish pigtails she used to wear, I were able to fully appreciate her lovely eyes and silky hair. She also matured into a real woman, having all the right curves in all the right places... Hell, no wonder she became such a hot topic among students the moment she stepped foot into this school.

- "Hello, Taetae."

She called me by the nickname I detested yet missed so much, following by the sweet-as-honey smile that used to plague my mind. Unknowingly, I replied with the same smirk I'd given her 3 years ago.

'Hello, Sana.'

End of flashback.

- "We were friends in high school." - I lazily ran a hand through my messy hair. And somehow back to being friends now, I refrained from adding. It'll be too troublesome to explain everything to Jungkook. Besides, I honestly didn't think he'd care to listen. - "So, do you want me to introduce you and her to each other?"

Jungkook's eyes widen and my stomach churned a bit. I wanted to take back my words but at last decided otherwise.

- "It's settled then. I'll ask Sana to hang out with us tomorrow."