Alternate Ending (pt. 1/4)

Start from the beginning

"You made me happy too, Nik. Just in a different way. You'll always have a place in my heart."

"Are you-" He turns his head. "Are you pregnant?"

"Who would've thought." I smirk. "I'm three months along, and put a spell on my bump for the night."

"I'm happy for you two." He nods.

"Niklaus." Elijah says, coming up next to me, and I smile up at my husband. It sounds amazing to say that. Elijah Mikaelson, my husband.

"Brother." Nik hugs him. "Congrats on the kid. Congrats on her. You two make a wonderful couple, truly. I'm very happy for the two of you." He hands his brother an envelope, and then walks away.

"I didn't think he was coming." Elijah whispers to me.

"I didn't think he was either."

Six months later

Arrietty Hazel Mikaleson was born on June 26th, 2017, at 5:30 in the morning.

I've never been more in love with someone in my whole life.

"Arrietty?" Niklaus asks, taking our baby in his arms.

"She's a character in one of my favorite books." I explain briefly.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl.."

"Thank you." Elijah smiles and kisses my temple, his arms wrapped around my waist.

Arrietty, or Etty, as nicknamed by her mother, is a precious, brilliant, wonderful kid, she's adored by all of her family, and goes to college to become a environmental engineer. She wants to save the world, one alternative energy plant at a time.

"Etty! Dinner!" I scream into the apartment.

"Okay!" She shouts, and comes down. She's home for a weekend. She wound up going to University of Southern California, so far away from us, but when she said she was homesick, Elijah didn't hesitate to get her a flight home. "What do you think your readers would think if you wound up with Ellis and not Nick?" She asks after a few minutes.

"Rose was always meant to be with Nick. Violetta loves Elijah, regardless of what was meant." I say, taking my husband's hand and he smiles at me across the table.

"Love you." He smiles.

"Love you." I smile back.

"I have a few questions about your relationship though."

"Ask away, sweetheart." I laugh.

"When did you decide to get together?"

"May of 2016."

"When did you know you loved each other?"

"February 2012." Elijah answers, and I'm shocked, to be honest. I had no idea.

"What?" I ask, showing my shock. "I never knew."

"After that dinner you made with Matt Donovan I was so mad that it had happened, especially since you had just slept with Kol, and I knew Niklaus would be pissed."

"You've slept with all of the male Mikaelson's?" Arrietty screams and I just blush red.

"I was very drunk when I slept with Kol, and I was with your Uncle Nik for 800 years. Of course I slept with him."

"I didn't know about Kol." She shakes her head. "When did you know you loved dad?"

"June 2016."

"It took two months?"

"You should've seen the way he treated me when we first dated. I was a fucking queen."

"You still are. You should've seen my friends reactions when I took them on a virtual tour of the house when I first got home. They were amazed."

"You live in Manhattan, what did they expect? You to live in a Midtown cardboard box?" We live in the Upper East Side, in the penthouse of a building that Elijah invested a lot of money into to make it what it is today. The original plan was to have it be a Starbucks, but Elijah saw the potential in it, and decided it needed to be a sky scraper of a building, with reasonable rent on the lower floors, and as they got higher, so did the rent.

"I don't know." She shrugs. "When did you get married?"

"2017."

"Was I planned?"

"I didn't know I could get pregnant."

"Wait, really?" I nod. "Why?"

"Sweetheart, I'm a 900-year-old vampire. I didn't know I even had eggs to be fertilized."

"Right. Do I have grandparents?"

"They're watching you from the veil. Say hello, I know they love you. Well, at least my parents will. His will probably want to burn you for making the Mikaelson family tree bigger."

"Oh, right. Forgot grammy and grampy hate everybody."

"Any other questions?"

"I think I'm good for now."

"Oka-"

"Oh wait! Are you writing anymore? I told my friends that I knew who wrote 'The Original Couple' books, said they were a friend of yours, don't worry, but they wanted to know if there were any more books on the way."

"I'm thinking about writing a book about Uncle Harry. Not sure yet."

"Any questions for me?" Elijah asks, that annoying smirk on his lips.

"Yeah, why the fuck did you redecorate my room when I was gone?"

"Because you room was pink with glow in the dark stars on the ceiling."

"I liked the stickers."

"Are you saying you don't like your new room?"

"No, it's great. I just miss my stickers." Elijah raises his eyebrows. "No, really. I love it."

Elijah and I decide that we need to take Etty back to school, and then go to Japan, because we need a quick break, and Luke is there. He's in the process of going to Australia for a "holiday." Elijah loves to travel, which is great, because I love to travel.

"I love you." Elijah says as we look out over the top of Japan. We're at the top of the Tokyo Skytree, and it's beautiful. I love this place, even though we've only been here for a few days.

"I love you too." I smile, and lean over to kiss him.

"I don't think you fully comprehend it, Vi. I've lived on this planet for over 1,000 years. I never knew you would be the one to make me feel this way. You and Etty are my stars and my sky. You two are the reason I continue to live. I love the two of you more than anything." He says, keeping eye contact with me the whole time.

"I don't even know what to say."

"I believe a simple 'I love you too' will suffice."

/

yea bitch u did read that right there's gonna be 3!!! THREE!!! more alternate endings for this bc sure, u might love nikalus and violetta together but i ship so many people and violetta so idc!!!