May 2012

San Francisco, California.

"Elijah." I smile, answering his call.

"Violetta. I have to deliver some bad news." He says, and my heart drops. "Klaus has been desiccated and taken captive by Damon Salvatore." Tears well in my eyes.

"Is he dead?" I ask as a few tears fall down my face.

"No. The state he is in is the state that the dagger would put either my siblings or myself in." He explains.

"Wow. Is there- is there anything I can do?"

"No. Stay where you are. And if Alaric comes to you, just tell him the truth. That you know nothing about what is going on."

"Okay." I nod. "Wait, why would Alaric come after me?"

"My mother turned him into a vampire. The likes of us Originals-"

"That bitch is back?!"

"Yes, she linked Alaric's life to Elena's, though. She still thinks it's an abomination to live for 1,000 years. He's been in a bad state for a while, blacking out and killing the founding families of Mystic Falls, and she made that part of him the entirety of him. So he's on a vampire killing rampage with his new found eternal life."

"Well, I better watch my own back, because I'm 900." I smirk.

"Stay safe, Violetta." He says, and I nod even though he can't see me.

"Come visit me before you go on the run." I smile.

"Of course, Vi." He says, and my smile widens. "I love you, sister."

"Love you too, 'Lijah." I say, and hang up.

//

this is the last chapter before we are in 2016 people!!!!