An Unlikely Hero/Papyrus's Lament

Sans went through with eliminating the inhabitants of Snowdin rather easily. With each kill, he felt more and more sure of his cause. With each kill, he gained more LV and EXP, and felt himself getting stronger. Looking around warily as he trudged on the snowy path, he began to hear them, the whispers...

Monsters were whispering about him, and watching him nervously. He could sense their unease, see the nervous glint in their eyes as they anxiously shifted their weight from one foot to the other as they watched him pass. He knew they saw the dust staining his clothes, but he didn't care. Another flick of the hand, and he reduced the whispering monsters to dust. Didn't they know it was rude to stare? Didn't they know it was rude to talk about someone who was listening?!

Sans shook his head, stuffing his hands into his pockets as he continued on. He wouldn't deal with the whispers..he didn't like how they had watched him so closely, observing his every move. Soon, he had reached town, and nobody was fleeing yet. Perfect. Sans then remembered that this was because in other genocide timelines, he and Papyrus had evacuated the remnants of the town members. Everyone was huddled in front of Grillby's, talking nervously amongst themselves. No one paid Sans any attention, it was almost as if they didn't know he was standing there.

Taking a deep breath, Sans focused his magic on the center of the group. It would be over in a heartbeat, he thought to himself. Quick and simple. Summoning several large gaster blasters, he directed them towards the crowd. Screams rang out, as the blasters fired. Like Sans had thought, it was over in a heartbeat. Ten seconds, that's all it had took....Sans glanced at the large pile of dust that stood in front of his feet. Welp, there was everyone in Snowdin, reduced to a pile of worthless dust blowing in the wind. It had almost been too easy...

That's when a voice snapped him from his thoughts. "Y-Yo Man, why'd you do that?!" Turning around, Sans found himself face-to-face with Monster Kid. "Why'd you kill all those people?!
W-what did they do to you?!" Sans was silent as he looked at Monster Kid. Who the hell did the kid think he was?Some type of hero or something?! Sans almost laughed at the thought. Monster Kid, a hero? Pffft...highly unlikely.

Though he wanted to appear tough, Sans could see the kid shaking with fear. Finally he responded, "Mind your business kid, don't you know curiosity killed the cat?" "You didn't answer my question, why are you hurting everyone?!" Monster Kid snapped at him.

Again, Sans dodged the question. "Shut up and run along Brat, don't you know you're in danger?" Monster Kid didn't budge. "U-Undyne said to never run from danger! She said it's best to confront danger head on, and face your fears!" Silence for a few moments before Sans spoke again. "You really look up to Undyne, don't ya kiddo?" He didn't wait for a response, as he summoned a gaster blaster behind Monster Kid. "Too bad she's not here to save you.." Monster Kid frowned. "Save me from w-what?" Poor child. They were completely oblivious to the fate they were about to be met with.

Sans took another deep breath, and without responding, he fired the blaster. Another pile of dust lied at his feet. Sans smiled to himself as he saw the sweater lying in the dust. "Sorry kid, but you were in my way..." He whispered to himself, as he looked at the sweater and dust pile.

Once again, that eerie silence started as the comedian trudged on. There was only one person left in Snowdin now:Papyrus. Pulling his hood over his head once more, Sans headed toward the border between Snowdin and Waterfall, the spot where he knew his brother would be standing. Sure enough, as the fog cleared, he saw Papyrus standing there, mumbling things to himself. Upon hearing Sans's footsteps approach however, Papyrus turned around so that the two of them were facing each other, the usual goofy smile on his face.

"GREETINGS BROTHER!" Papyrus exclaimed, loudly as usual. "I SEE YOU ARE FINALLY BACK FROM YOUR WALK! DID YOU HAVE FUN?!" A chuckle from Sans answered his words. "Yeah bro, you could almost say...it was something to DIE for!" Sans smirked before letting out that usual hair raising laughter, the laugh of a madman. Papyrus seemed oblivious, frowning as he noticed the sharpened bones suddenly floating behind Sans, a blue aura encasing them.

"B-BROTHER, NOW SEEMS LIKE A BAD TIME TO PRACTICE YOUR MAGI-!!" Papyrus was cut off as the bones launched themselves at and pinned him to the snowy floor, impaling his clothes and anchoring him to the ground. Now tethered to the floor via the bone attack, Papyrus looked up as Sans approached him, confidently smirking. "NYEH! THE GREAT PAPYRUS DEMANDS TO KNOW WHAT THE MEANING OF THIS IS?!" Papyrus yelled, attempting to make himself heard over the harsh winds that were currently blowing.

Sans shrugged as he stood over Papyrus, ignoring the harsh cracking sounds that were heard as he applied his weight to his brother's rib cage, standing on it. "S-SANS, YOU ARE STANDING ON MY RIB CAGE! I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION TO THIS SUDDENLY VIOLENT BEHAVIOR OF YOURS! ALSO, WHY ARE YOU COVERED IN DUSTY POWDER?!" Sans still said nothing, watching his brother attempt to get up, to no avail. That's when they both heard it, a harsh cracking sound that seemed to split the air. One of Papyrus's ribs was breaking.. "SANS, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAS CAUSED YOU TO ACT THIS WAY, BUT I ASSURE YOU, WE CAN FIGURE IT OUT TOGETHER! P-PLEASE, WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW, I BEG OF YOU, BROTHER PLEASE STOP THIS!!" Papyrus was utterly hysteric now, tears were streaming from his eye sockets, as he looked at Sans once more. "ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" Another cracking sound, another rib broken...

Sans smiled, a dark and sinister smile that seemed to stretch off the sides of his face, as he remained silent. Papyrus said nothing, eyes still filled with tears as he let out a defeated sigh. "Since you're about to be dusted though, I suppose I can tell you why I'm doing this. The kid, Paps...the little hellspawn kid. They come around here with that fake ass smile on their face immediately before they start killing everyone! I know you can't remember because of the resets, but they killed you as well...so many times. I finally figured out a way to beat them though, gaining LV. That's the answer, don't you see Paps? The more I kill, the stronger I become..if I gain enough LV, I'll be able to kill 'em for good."

"B-BUT SURELY THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY THEN KILLING?!
W-WE COULD GIVE THEM A PUZZLE, O-OR-" Papyrus tried to suggest, but Sans shook his head. "No good, Paps. Tried that, it didn't work..."
"T-THEN MAYBE-?!" Sans cut him off again. "NO, this is the ONLY way, Papyrus!" Bowing his head, Papyrus let out a defeated sigh. "I....STILL THINK THERE'S ANOTHER OPTION-" Sans cut Papyrus off for the last time, feeling beyond angry at his brother's attempt to thwart his plan. "SHUT UP!!!" Several Gaster blasters were summoned and aimed at Papyrus just then, and as the blasters fired, Sans yelled. "SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!!!!" Each yell resulted in another blaster being fired and another rib being broken, and when the dust finally cleared, Sans was left standing on top of a dust pile, a scrap of red fabric was all that remained of the so called, "Great Papyrus." Breathing heavily, Sans ignored the message that appeared in front of him.

*CONGRATULATIONS

*Your LV increased!

With a glance at the scrap of scarf that was left blowing in the wind, Sans simply mumbled one word to himself as he began to head towards Waterfall.

"Forgettable..."

A/N: Well....uh, this chapter was certainly interesting to write...*laughs nervously* Please don't kill me, Papyrus fangirls...also, if anyone needs a ticket for the feels train, tickets are one dollar XD. Uh, if you don't feel like boarding the feels train, you can always use Wheelies to escape your feelies! Constructive criticism is always allowed and as always, I will see you all in the next chapter! ^_^