Who Ever Said Life Was Easy? [Chapter 15]

Chapter 15

I woke up to the sun warming my face and the rest of my body. I rolled over, trying to hide from the sun, and hit something big.

It took me a minute to realize that it was DJ. I then realized that I was deffenitly NOT in my bed. I attempted to get up, only to be pulled back down by DJ, whos arm was around my waiste.

DJ mumbled something.

"Huh?" When he didn't say anything I pushed him.

"What was that for?"

"You said something and I couldn't understand you." I looked around, "Plus we fell asleep on the beach. Isn't your mom going to be angry?" I asked nervously.

"Nah, it's cool. I told her that that might happen."

"Oh." I layed back down, resting my head on his chest. "Thanks. Lastnight was fun."

"I'm glad you liked it." His arms snaked back around my waist. "We should probably pick up, you have to see that lawyer guy tonight."

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot. Wonder what he wants."

"I dunno, probably to talk about some final stuff, with Kevin in jail, and all the other stuff."

I knew what he meant my other stuff. He meant my mom just leaving. To tell you the truth though, I didn't care. It's not like she was ever there for me in the first place. "Yeah."

We got up, folded the blanket up, and picked everything else up. I was trying to help him carry the stuff to the car, but he wouldn't, when he bumped into someone. He was wearing jeans, a black hoodie, and sunglasses. Everything was completly covering his face. Wierd.

I shook it off and looked back to DJ, "See, if you let me help you would have seen him and wouldn't have dropped everything." I bent down and picked the blanket up.

"Well maybe he should have been watching where he was going too."

After we put everything in the car trunk we climbed into the car and drove home.

*************

The minute we walked in the door Cheryl jumped up from her spot on the couch, "So? How was it? Did you guys have fun?" She winked.

"Mooommmm!" DJ groaned and I laughed.

"Sorry hun, I was just wondering." She pouted.

"It was fun. We had a picnic on the beach." I smiled.

"Yeah, I knew about the beach part. But glad you kids had fun. Oh! Before I forget! Lance called, said that he would pick you up at 5 and that you don't need to dress up."

"Alright, thanks." I smiled and headed off to my room. Halfway there I realized DJ was still walking with me and I gave him a questioning look.

"I figured I'd walk you to your door. Can't let you walk home on your own, you might get lost." He laughed and took my hand in his.

"Haha yeah, you never know."

We reached my room, "Well, looks like this is my stop." I said looking up at him.

"Yeah, it does look like that." He smiled.

I turned around to walk in, but DJ pulled me back and his lips met mine.

It wasn't a rough kiss or anything. It was sweet.

Fireworks shot off behind my eyes from the contact, and then he pulled away. "See you later." He had the biggest grin on his face.