Who Ever Said Life Was Easy? [Chapter 5]

********************************************

Ok, so I'm SOOOOOO sorry I haven't uploaded in like FOREVER. But I've been busy, and then I just didn't really feel inspired to write, and ect. So yeah, but here it is, and I'm hoping that this turned out to be extra long (:

Enjoy (:

********************************************

Who Ever Said Life Was Easy?

Ch. 5

*recap*

I took a seat in one of the waiting chairs in the nurses office because the nurse was dealing with a kid who had a bloody nose. After she was done, she walked out to see what we needed. All of a sudden she stopped in her tracks, and I followed her eyes down to my arm.

I had forgotten to pull my sleave back down and she was stairing wide mouthed at it...

*end of recap*

"Oh my god! What happened deary??" The nurse gasped.

The nurse wasn't exactly old, but not really young either. She kind of reminded me of a grandmother with the way she talked/acted.

"Oh, um, my cousins were playing baseball. And me being the airhead I am, walked behind them, and got it with the baseball bat..." I mummbed out the first thing that came to my mind.

"Oh my! Come to the back so we can take a look at it. It looks complety awful!"

I got up and looked at DJ, that's when the nurse noticed that he was there. "Oh, you should get to class, she's fine with me now."

"If it's alright, I'd like to stay here." DJ said as he got up to follow us to the back.

"Um.. I guess.." And I swear she said under her breath, "Kids these days."

We followed her to a back room where she had me sit down on one of those doctor bed with the paper that crinkled and made a lot of noise when you sat on it. She pretty much ignored DJ though.

After washing her hands, putting gloves on, and a bunch of other things, she came over to me. "Could you hold your arm up please?"

I obyed, holding it up so it was level with her face. She took my pointer finger moving it so it would also move my arm thatway she could get a better look at my arm. A few minutes later she said, "Well dear, it's obviously, and it looks broken right here," She pointed to where the worst of the bruising was, "But because I don't have an x-ray machine, I can't be positive." I nodded. "We need to call your parents that wa-"

"What?! No, you can't call them!" I interupted her.

"And why not?" She put her hands on her hips.

"Because she's staying at my house for a few days." DJ said before I could say anything.

I gave him a confused look, but he just winked.

"I thought you just said you were with your cousins?" The nurse asked me.

"I was yesterday, but my parents left out of town for work and they wont be home for a few days."

"Alright, then, who should we call?" The nurse asked like she thought something was going on.

"I can call my mom." DJ pulled out is phone.

"Whatever." She said, giving up on trying to figure out what was going on.

DJ left the room and came back a few minutes later. He stuck up his thumbs at me, "My mom said she'd be here in 5 minutes."

"Alright, do you kids want to wait in the lobby or here?"

"We'll wait in the lobby." DJ said.

"Okay, hope you feel better deary."

"Thanks" I said as I hopped off the bed.

When we got to the lobby I turned to DJ. "So did you really call your mom?" I said with a confused look.

"Yup, but don't worry, I didn't really say much, except that your parents are out of town and you need a ride. She's cool."

"Alright, thanks." I said, giving a half smile. My arm still hurt like it got run over by a truck. But I was starting to get used to the feeling by now.

Within a few minutes a car pulled up near the front doors, "That's my mom!"

DJ walked out the doors and I followed him. He opened up the back door and motioned for me to get it, so I did, and he followed me.

"You know, you could have sat up front, I feel like a chauffeur." DJ's mom said.

"Sorry mom. This is Ariel."

"Oh sweetie, it's so nice to finally meet you! DJ has talked about you."

"Mommm." DJ groaned and when I looked at him, he was glaring daggers at her.

"Whoops, was I not suppossed to say that? Sorry honey."

I laughed a little. "Hi, nice to meet you too."

That's when we pulled into the ER parking lot. "Should I come it? They probably wont let you in by yourself, you're to young." I think DJ's mom had a conversation with herself I think. "Alright, yeah, I'll come in with you." She said with me.

"Thanks, Mrs. um?"

"Oh, just call me Cheryl."

"Alright." I said. I probably would just refrain from using any name though. Calling her by her first name was kinda wierd.

We walked into the ER and the lady had me fill out a form, or atleast the parts I could seeing as I didn't know all of the information. When I was done I gave it to them, and they took me to a room where I waited for a doctor.

~~~~DJ's Point of View~~~~

Ariel had walked away with a lady. I wanted to go, but figured I should let her go by herself. I wanted to talk to my mom anways. "Hey mom?"

"Yeah?" She looked up from some magazine.

"Can Ariel stay with us for awhile?" I said. No use in beating around the bush.

"What about her parents? And I don't know how I feel about having a girl sleepover. You know, I trust you, but you are a teenager..."

"Mommm... Ew. But I don't want her to go back to her house. I'm afraid..."

"Afraid of what?" She gave me an odd look.

"She could get hurt again, and who knows, it might be worse one time."

"What in the world are you talking about DJ?"

"Mom.. Ariel's step-dad, he...

********************************************

comment, vote, and fan pleasee (:

♥♥♥