Who Ever Said Life Was Easy? [Chapter 6]

"Mom.. Ariel's step-dad, he..."

"He what?" My mom asked.

I didn't know what to do. I tell my mom everything. She's my best friend and has been ever since my dad left us when I was seven. But on the other hand, I had to think about Ariel. I'm pretty sure she didn't want anyone else to know.

What the hell, this is for her own good... "Her dad.... He beats her..."

"He what?!" My mom almost yelled.

"Mom! Shut up! You heard me..."

She lowered her voice. "But are you positive, do you have proof? Honey, I want to believe you, but you can't just say things like this without proof. This is serious stuff."

"No , really mom?" I said in a sarcastic tone. "Of course this is serious! How do you think she broke her arm? Didn't you see it?!"

"Her step-dad did that?!" My mom said with utter horror.

"Yeah, I got it out of her, she just broke down and told me. Mom, we can't let her go home, what if something worse happens. Please."

My mom didn't say anything for about 2 minutes. "It's alright with me. BUT! You have to ask her. It's her choice."

"Thank you mom!" I hugged her and got up to go find Ariel.

*********************Ariel's Point of View*********************

(a/n: Sorry if this isn't what really happens when you break something, never actually broken something, so I'm just kinda making this up.... Lol)

I sat in some room one of the nurses brought me to, waiting for the doctor. It was a typical hospital room. Everything was white and the bright lights shining everywhere, made everything seem whiter somehow. It was so clean, you could smell it too. The room I was in, only had a one small window, that let in a little natural light.

It had to have been 10 minutes before the doctor walked in. "Hi, I'm Dr. Markowski. What do we have here, a possible broken bone?" He looked up from his clip board.

I just nodded.

Dr. Markowski sat down across from me, "Now hold your arm up please."

I lifted my arm and made it even with his face just as I had done for the nurse at school.

"Wow... How did this happen dear?" I could see shock in his eyes.

"Well my cousins were playing baseball and I wasn't paying attention, I could be such an air head sometimes, but anyways I walked behind my cousin and he swung the bat back not knowing I was there and hit me."

"Oh, wow, that must have really hurt. I'm almost positive it's broken, but we're going to have to take an x-ray to see how bad and what not. So follow me."

I hopped off of the bed and followed him out of the door and down some hall. We walked past a bunch of doors, some were closed, but others were open.

Inside there were sick people, old people, and just plan hurt people. It was kinda creepy. I didn't like it.

Finally we stopped infront of a door and he opened it, motioning for me to walk in before him.

Once inside he asked me to lay down on something that resembled a bed, but it was really hard, cold, and metal. I looked around. The room didn't have a lot of lighting and there were a bunch of forgein machines all around.

Dr. Markowski took some x-rays. When he was done he took me down to another room where he had a nurse wrap this cold we stuff, that kind of looked like paper mache, around my arm. It hurt, she kept touching my bruises. And everytime I would wince and pain, and she'd apologize.

Then I had to wait for it to dry. This was awful. I must have been here for a few hours already. I really feel bad for DJ and his mom, making them wait for me.

While I waited the nurse let me pick out a color to wrap around the paper mache looking stuff. I ended up picking lime green.

After what seemed like hours I was lead back to the waiting room. Back to DJ and his mom.

"Hey! You're looking somewhat better!" DJ ran up to me and gave me a gigantic hug.

"Can't - Breath!" I gasped.

"Oh, whoops. Sorry." He laughed.

DJ looked at his mom and I saw them pass some kind of worried look between the two of them. "What? What's wrong?" I said concerned.

"Um... Well, I kinda told my mom....about you're.... situation.... and-"

"YOU DID WHAT!" I freaked. How could he have told her, he promised not to tell anyone, I trusted him. What's going to happen now?

"No, wait, just here me out. Alright?"

"How? Your promised."

"Wait, I did it for a good reason!"

"Yeah, and what is that? To get me taken away and sent to some family that I don't know?!" How could he have done this? I trusted him.

"No, just listen! I would never do that! I asked my mom if you could stay with us, I didn't want you to have to go back to that place."

"Wait....What????"

***********************************************************************************

Alright, I'm really sorry I didn't get this out sooner, I was going to update awhile ago, but midterms came along, and they ended yesterday, so yeah. That and I didn't feel inspired. i probably wouldn't have gotten this out today, buttt i ended up writing ch 1 to a different story "Patient Turns Murderous" (which you guys should deff check out!!!) and i was just in a writing mood, so there it was.

you know he drill. vote, comment, fan :D comments are the best cause they help me improve and write faster :D woo lol