Chapter Four

A/N: I know this is late guys and for this reason I made this one kind of long. 

Happy Reading, 

Tana 

Chapter Four 

----------

Palo hadn't lied when he said he'd give Eva time. It'd been a month since her Italian lover texted or called her.

She'd half expected for him to put up more of a fight, how wrong had she been. Palo seemed to be perfectly fine without her. She on the other hand, was missing him terribly. So terribly it felt as though she was spiraling into depression.

"Earth to Eva." Nessa said, eyebrows furrowed as she snapped her fingers in front of her best-friend's face.

"Uh yeah?" Eva asked.

"You keep zoning, are you sure you're okay?" Nessa asked worriedly. She noticed how unusually quiet and reserved her friend had become the past few weeks; she knew she was heartbroken and sincerely hated Palo for making her this way.

"Yeah I'm fine." Eva murmured, looking at the drinks and chicken strips Nessa had set on the counter, "Um this is for table eight right?"

Nessa nodded her head and watched as her best friend stiffly put the order on her tray and began making her way to the table. The club was bustling with life on this night more than usual, which meant the tips were all but flying into her hands. It helped too that Nessa convinced her to wear some of her sexier work attire. Palo was adamant that she covered herself more for work, he didn't like other men looking at her body. So she'd taken to wearing less revealing clothing.

Eva quickly made her way to table eight which was full of men and set the tray down, handing the drinks/food to whom they belonged to. The men were regulars so they weren't as prone on flirting with her. It was a relief for her.

"I haven't seen you around Palo lately." One of the bolder men commented, bringing his drink to his lips, his bushy eyebrows raised so high they got lost in his hanging golden locs.

Eva resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the man and instead changed the topic, "Is there anything else I can get you gentlemen?"

The smile on her face was forced and she really didn't care what the men wanted. The very mention of Palo had put her on edge, why did this man who she only knew formally as a customer feel he had the right to pry into her business with Palo?

The blonde man leaned forward, the nervous looks his friends were shooting him said for him to back off but he didn't seem to heed their warnings, "Well if he's done with ya, it doesn't mean the rest of us can't appreciate a fine ass when we see it. Give me your number sweetheart."

"I guess that will be all." Eva stated through gritted teeth before swiftly turning away from the men and walking back to the bar.

Nessa already had another order prepared for V.I.P.

Whilst Nessa was promoted to bartender, Eva was promoted to primary waitress for the V.I.P section. Though being the waitress for V.I.P meant actually having to deal with customers more, she actually liked It because they tended to leave bigger tips.

Three beers were sitting on the bar counter with a receipt reading table three beneath them.

"You okay Eva?" Nessa asked, eyeing her friend warily.

Eva knew her friend only asked because she was genuinely concerned but she couldn't help but be slightly annoyed by the frequent question. It seemed that was the only thing Nessa knew how to say to her these days.