6. Pieces Of Heavenly Chicken, Five Games Of Tennis And A Scooby-Doo Show

Chapter Six- Pieces Of Heavenly Chicken, Five Games Of Tennis And A Scooby-Doo Show 

I was so stupid for actually thinking that we could've been friends. I stormed into the house not bothering to spare him a glance. Grabbing a packet of Cheetos and a Coke, I headed for my room. Maybe I could Skype Caitlyn. I hadn't spoken to her for almost three days and I was missing her more than a bald person missed their hair.

My room was still a mess, courtesy of the brown cardboard boxes lying everywhere. I jumped onto my unmade bed and opened Skype on my lavender laptop. I crossed my fingers in hope that Cait would be online. 

The stars were in my favor, because I soon saw the white and green tick mark next to Caitlyn's photo. I was about to send her a video call request when one popped up on my screen. It was from Caitlyn. I grinned and accepted. The girl was faster than I thought.

"Cat Poop!" 
"KD!"

We both screamed each other's childhood nick name in unison and then burst into a fit of giggles.

"How are you? Ohmygod! I miss you so much! God, has it only been three days? Feels more like eons," Caitlyn pouted.

The longest time Cait and I had spent apart had been five days. When we met each other it was like The Prodigal Son Returns all over again.

"I know right? I miss you too! I miss practically everyone back there. Right from the Perrie The Hamster to Tiffany and the gang. This place is a whole class apart," I sighed before continuing, "thank God you helped - or should I say trained? - me with everything or I probably wouldn't have survived this long." I said, shaking my head in disbelief to which Cait replied with a giggle.

"That's what best friends are for, silly," she said with her sunny smile. One that I missed a lot. "Hey, it can't be that bad. I mean, there must be some cute guys. Any boy is better than the ones at Lakefront High. Have you met any?" She said with hope filled in her voice. 

I blushed and was about to answer when Caitlyn's door burst open and entered a familiar black haired, green eyed boy, a butter knife in hand and a heroic look on his face.

When he saw Caitlyn's laptop, his expression of determination faltered and his cheeks turned crimson. The look on his face was priceless. Caitlyn and I burst into fits of laughter. 

"Aw, come on! All this effort and I don't get a serial killer? Not fair, man," he frowned, covering his embarrassment and threw the blunt knife onto Cait's bed where it landed a few inches away from her.

"Hey! That could've killed me!" Caitlyn yelled.

"Puh-lease. Thor could have zapped you with electricity a billion times and you'd still be alive." The boy said as he jumped onto her bed causing it to shake.

"Ignore Cal, he can be a butt head sometimes," Caitlyn rolled her eyes.

"But you still love me, sis." Cal stuck his tongue out at her to which she replied with a scowl. "Whoa, is that Krazy-Kay?" Calvin's mouth formed an 'o' as he gazed at the screen.

I would've answered him if I wasn't busy staring at his built up body.

Wow. 
Calvin Jace Tanner had changed a lot in the past three years. 

His curly dark hair must have been cut short a few days ago but now a few locks tumbled over his forehead in the cutest way possible.
Did I mention that Cal's hair grew faster than the speed of light?

His eyes weren't the dull green they used to be, they were more like the color of a lagoon; a beautiful misture of blue and green. And his body - ohmygod his body - wasn't all skin and bones like before. Hell, it was pretty much the opposite of that. I knew he wanted to join the army where they worked out 24/7 but hey, don't get so hot that girls couldn't help but drool. That's just not fair.

Couldn't he have done me a favor and worn a regular sweatshirt? That wife beater exposed too much of his muscle.

Not that I minded.

"Hey, Kaylee? You alive? Don't go all zombie on me now, girl," Cait waved her hand in front of the screen trying to get my attention.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Hi, Calvin," I stopped gawking and awkwardly waved at the screen. Crap, why didn't I call him Big-Foot like I always did? 

Ugh.
Stupid hormones.

"I came back here for a few weeks just to hear that you'd moved to another town. Do you hate me that much?" My best friend's twin pouted.