Forty Two

After lunch your mother insisted on cleaning our messes so you decided to help her while she shooed me the men off to go elsewhere.

"So..." you began. "What do you think about him?"

"He's gorgeous Penelope." She smiled and you laughed. "He's such a gentleman. I can see why you love him so much."

You let out a breath you've been holding in.

"I was so worried."

"That we wouldn't approve? Why?"

"I love him so much and I won't leave him but I didn't want to lose you guys."

She put a dish down,"Oh Penny. You could never lose us. We're your parents and you are our only child. We love you more than anything honey. We're just happy that you're happy."

You threw your arms around her,"Thanks mom."

You two finished washing up before going to find the guys.

They were outside on the back porch drinking beers.

Typical men.

You walked over and took a seat next to Bucky.

You kissed his cheek and he nervously blushed.

You hoped everything had gone well with him and your dad.

You all sat around and talked until the late afternoon when you became exhausted.

"I'm sorry mom. I wish I could stay longer. I'm just so tired."

She squeezed you tightly,"Its okay baby. I know you've been through a lot. You've got to let your body rest. Besides your father and I have to head back home tomorrow he has to work."

Your rolled your eyes,"You know you guys don't have to work so much. I can help out."

She shook her head,"Oh no Penny. Please. That's your hard earned money you keep it honey."

"But I make enough for both of us mom please. You've done so much for me. I want to help."

"I'm your mother I'm supposed to do so much for you." She quoted you.

"Mom please."

She sighed,"Fine. But not too much money or I will send it back. I swear I will Penelope."

You laughed and gave her another hug.
"I love you so much mom."

"I love you too honey. Please come for Christmas. We'd love to have you and James over."

"I'd love that."

You kissed her check and headed over to your dad and gave him a hug.

"I'll see you soon dad I promise."

"You better." He grumbled smiling.

You pulled away.

"I like that James boy."

Your eyes widened,"You do?"

He nodded.

"Dad. You're serious?"

He laughed,"Yes Penny I'm serious. He's a nice guy. I can see he really loves you and he can protect you. He's a good man. Don't let him go."

You leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"I don't intend to."

You waved goodbye to your parents and Steve and climbed into the car.

"Thank you so much for everything Sam." You gave him a tight hug after he headed to the door with his things.

"Oh you're welcome Penny. Thanks for not almost killing me when you noticed there was a stranger in your house."