Twenty

"Come on love. Let's go inside." Jackson said sweetly as he tried tugging on your hand.

Your mind was fried.

You've reached your limit.
You were terrified and stressed to the max.

Steve searched Damien's backpack a few minutes ago.

He found zip ties, rope, duct tape and a knife.

Damien was most likely going to kidnap you.

You stood still in the spot in your shorts and tshirt too frazzled to move.

"She's in shock." Steve said. "I'm going to carry her up to the room." The sound of sirens got closer. "Keep her out of it."

Steve scooped you up and carried you into the warm hotel and into the elevator.

"Penny?" He asked.

You said nothing.

"Alright. So I guess you just want to listen. I know what just happened is rough. But you're a strong woman. You'll get through it. Bucky and I are still here for you no matter what. Don't be afraid of Bucky. He was just sticking up for you. He's not dangerous. The police will handle Damien from here on out. I'm going by your apartment tomorrow to replace the windows, make it like new. You'll be able to go back home in a day or two."

He knocked on the room door.

Bucky opened it and and you were carried inside.

Steve placed you on the bed. "Try to get some sleep. You're safe now. Damien won't hurt you anymore."

He turned away and talked to Bucky for a moment while you laid in bed blankly staring at the wall.

You fell asleep before they finished their conversation.
--------------

When you woke up it was after noon.

You rolled over and the bed was empty.

Opening your eyes you searched the room for Bucky.

He was asleep on the couch.

Why?

You sat up and yawned then climbed out of bed to take a shower.

When you got out Bucky was sitting up on the couch with his head in his hands.

"Penelope." He said without looking up.

You stood there not sure what to say.

"Thank you." You blurted out.

His head snapped up and he gave you a confused look.

"For what?" He asked.

You slowly walked over to him.
"No one has ever stuck up for me like that. Not even myself. Damien was right. I am weak."

He grabbed your hand and pulled you into his lap.

"You aren't weak. You're far from it. He's delusional."

You shook your head.
"I let this get way of hand. I should've stood up to him. Maybe it wouldn't have been like this."

He shrugged,"Maybe it would've been worse. You don't know. It's been almost four months since you broke up with him and its spiraled way out of control. I've only seen you cry once. If you could even call it crying."

"I don't know how I'm supposed to feel Buck. I've never been hurt like this. It's painful and it's scary and I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

"Feel however you want. It's justified. No one will judge you. You've been strong for so long. Holding it in will only make it worse. Cry your pretty little eyes out and when you're done with that cry some more. I'll be here to hold you and wipe your tears." He gave you a smile.

You wrapped your arms around his neck and hugged him.

"I'm sorry if I scared you last night." Bucky admitted. "I didn't mean to but I heard the things he was saying and I saw how hurt you looked and I just got so mad. He had no right to say those things to you."

You shrugged. "Maybe he had a point."

"He didn't. Everything he said was a vile lie. You're important. You're special. You're smart, kind, caring, very helpful, you changed lives, save lives. And you're absolutely breathtaking."

You looked away and blushed.

"Thank you Bucky. You're always so nice to me."

He smiled,"You deserve it doll." He paused,"What do you wanna do today?"

"Can we just talk?"

He gave you a small confused look.
"Talk? About what?"

"Us?"

He fought a smile. "Us huh?"

He kissed your cheek.

"What about us?"
He smiled his lips still pressed to your cheek.

"I um. I just. No. You just...you said uh."

He threw his head back and laughed.
"You are so adorable."

"You're right. I said we would talk about us."

You nodded, you were kinda nervous. You didn't know exactly what he meant.

Would he want to leave?

Go back to those crappy apartments outside of town?

Did he want to stop the therapy sessions?

"I really like you Penelope." Bucky said snapping you out of your thoughts.

You smiled up at him,"I like you too Bucky. You're a really nice guy."

He shook his head,"No. I really like you Penelope." He paused and sighed,"I don't know how to do this. It's been decades."

You touched his cheek,"Take your time."

He took your hand and held it in his.
"You're an amazing woman. You're very special. I like you a lot. As more than a friend."

You smiled again,"So do I. I mean about you. I like you a lot too."

"If you don't mind I'd like to take you on a date. Do guys even ask that anymore? I'm sorry."

You laughed,"Yes guys still ask that. And I'd love to go on a date with you Bucky."

This ones a little shorter than usual but I hope you like it anyways ❤️