That asshole won't destroy it.

"For fuck's sake, do you have to appear everywhere I go to?" I hear Alexander's grumbled voice behind me.

I don't look at him, I don't even acknowledge him at first. I just keep staring up at the pitch-black sky.

"It seems you're appearing where I am. I was here first." I finally decide on saying after a few quiet moments between us. I don't wait for his answer. "By the way, it's funny how you think you can bring me down with a few mean words and some threats when I've had it much worse before."

There's a silence on his part now. I don't move, don't even care what he does or if he just ignores me. My peace can't be disturbed right now. A part of me hopes he goes back inside and leaves me alone. But, of course, it'd hurt him to do that.

"Are you fucking drunk?"

A chuckle bubbles out of me all of a sudden, although this situation is anything but funny. "Why? Because I'm telling you how pathetic you actually are? I could give you some tips on how to make people really fear you, though."

He's silent for a few minutes again. I rest my hands on my stomach now and bend my legs.

"Well, I'd ask you what you mean with that, but that would mean I cared, which I don't. So ..." he trails off, not finishing, but he still doesn't move to go inside and leave me alone.

I sit up and look down at the street now, staring at the lights shining down on the road as my chest suddenly tightens. "I'm not that bad, Alexander." I don't know why I say what I say. My voice is shaking and it comes out small and quiet and I actually hope he didn't hear. It was a moment of vulnerability for me, I guess.

"No?" Alexander murmurs and I hear him moving closer. My body involuntary tightens up in fear, my muscles get tense and my sense perks up, trying to read what his next move will be. Showing him my back makes me an easy target.

I shake my head, fighting the tears back. I'm not going to cry, not in front of him, anyway. He doesn't deserve to see me at my weakest.

Alexander sits down beside me but leaves enough space between us. He stares straight ahead, as do I. I don't even glance at him.

"The thing with you is that you don't have an ounce of bad in you. You're too good, that's your thing," he says and I sense him looking at the side of my face, his eyes boring into my skin, making it burn.

I don't give in to temptation return the gaze. "And that's why you hate me. Makes sense," I say sarcastically.

I sense him move and I flinch, a natural reaction I get when he's near. I'm jumpy and my skin prickles at just the mere presence of him. I still fear him. He's unpredictable. But I'm not afraid to speak back to him anymore. I may be playing with fire here, but what is it getting burned once more knowing I stood up for myself rather than just let myself drown?

"Your words, not mine," Alexander shoots back.

I sit up straighter and look at him in surprise. "Okay. What is your reason, then?"

Alexander slowly moves his head and looks at me. I hold my breath. The man might be bad and all mean, but it doesn't erase the fact that he's good looking. And if I forget about his personality, I'm totally digging him. Like, crushing on his looks. Too bad his personality destroys almost every good thing on him.

"For fuck's sake, if I'm sitting out here with you, doesn't mean you can chat with me."

I raise my eyebrows. Truthfully, I expected an answer to my question, an honest answer, but that's Alexander I'm talking about, so why am I surprised?