Chapter 13 - Death

I look at them in shock, 'wha-what?' I stutter, tears still streaming down my face.

I look down at Jordan and realise why he looks older. It's because he is older. I look back at Holly and Bonnie and everyone else in the room, 'what happened?' I demand, 'Who killed him?'

Holly looks to the ground and Bonnie's eyes hold nothing but sadness as she talks, 'ever since you went into a coma, Jordan hasn't been the same. Alex, his new Beta had to take over the pack after about a year because Jordan was running it into the ground. It wasn't his fault, everyone was surprised he had not gone mad yet. You were practically dead Casey. Jordan was alone.'

I feel my heart breaking as I look at Jordan's worn face. Even in death he still looks as if he's in pain. Because of me. I murmur even though I know they can hear me, 'why did I wake up?'

'I guess you felt his emotions so strongly that it just pushed you to consciousness,' Max the doctor tells me sadly.

'Who killed him?' I repeat, I will kill them I will tear them to pieces I will-

'He did.'

My head snaps to Holly's broken voice, 'what?'

'He killed himself Casey.'

I look back at my dead mate and I cry. He's dead because of me.

I remember when he found me. Saved me from the rogues that nearly killed me. I do have a scar, but at least I have my life. I didn't know him for long, but I realise that I did love him. I still do. He always put my life before his, willing to sacrifice himself for my life. I didn't even see him for long, just a couple of seconds before I fell into the coma but I could see the relief in his face, I was alive and we could have a happy life.

I didn't notice but I had started sobbing. Our life together had been ruined. Our happiness was never meant to be. My sobs grow louder and I hug Jordan's lifeless body as if that could bring him back. My mate is dead and I'm probably going to go crazy and lose my life as well.

'Why must you be so cruel, fates? I did everything for you! I saved werewolf kind, saved thousands of lives! Did you know this would happen? Did you know that my life would be ruined? My soul be torn in two?' I wail, my body draped over my dead mate's. I did everything for them. Everything they asked of me. And instead of getting a thank you, I am confronted with death and misery. I continue to cry, my chest heaving in painful sobs. My heart hurts so bad I can barely breathe.

I look up as I hear several gasps and what I see makes anger fill my mind and body.

I heave myself up, still weak from not using my legs in five years and point an accusing finger at the glowing, beautiful woman in front of me, 'did you know? Did you know this would happen? Don't lie to me!' I shriek. I know I probably look like a mad woman, but right now I don't care.

She shakes her head in sorrow, 'I'm sorry Casey, I didn't know. I never knew,' she sighs.

I feel my anger ebb away slightly as I see the broken expression on her face and I crumple into an exhausted heap at the moon goddess's feet. I look up at her and I know my face shows the raw emotion of misery, 'can you help him?' I see her look away, a pained expression on her face, 'I did everything for you. Everything!'

I look into her wise, grey eyes and she stares back before finally breaking eye contact, 'I can bring him back.'

I feel my body sag in half relief and half dread. There must be a 'but'.

'No Casey, there is no 'but'. I never do it though, it's not natural. However, what you have done, what you have gone through and what you have had to do is not natural either.'

I look at her, hope written all over my face and whisper, 'can you do it? Bring him back to life?'

She nods, 'yes.'

She kneels down beside Jordan and I scoot away, watching her with hope. She places her hands to his head and I watch in amazement as the bullet slowly forces it's way out of his head and the broken skin knits itself together.

Suddenly he sits up and gasps and I yelp, startled. But as soon as I realise it's him and his glazed eyes turn clearer, I scramble across the carpet floor and launch myself into his arms, 'Jordan. Oh, my Jordan.'

He looks at me, confused before he finally realises what happened. He pulls me into an embrace and squeezes my so tight I can barely breathe properly. I turn my head to look at the moon goddess and nod my head and give her a small smile in thanks. She nods back with her own smile and with a flash of light she disappears.

Jordan looks around, 'I thought I was dead,' he snaps his head back to me, 'I'm not dead right?'

'No Jordan, not anymore. Not anymore.'

I pull him back into a hug and sigh in content. Everything can be okay now. I melted his cold heart and he fixed my broken soul.

We can be finally happy.

THE END

Okay, I'm sorry it was such a short story and it ended quite suddenly, but this is the end of 'A Frigid Heart Vs A Broken Soul' !!!

Thank you so much for reading and continue to be FABULOUS!

Peace out 😎✌️