Chapter 7 - The Battle

I walk through all the madness, rogues burning, drowning in their bodily fluids, being strangled by vines all the while the pressure on the heads nearly bursting their skulls, spreading a path using my air element. When I reach the outside I realise that all the rogues had been in the entrance. Convenient. I push shut the palace doors and leave the rogues in their. Dying. And the thing is, I don't feel a shred of guilt. 

*****

During my little stunt, I didn't realise how drained I actually felt. Adrenalin kept me going... And Charlie's death... I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry. He wouldn't want that. I squeeze my eyes shut and when I open them I set my jaw. I WILL make it through this.

I have to.

Even though I can hardly stand, I draw as much energy as I can from the elements around me. Now I have time to think, I feel amazed and even a bit numb at how I received all four elements. As I draw the power, I picture the pack house in my mind and I feel the air fold around itself as I teleport.

***

It's definitely not as bad as before, but that doesn't mean it was pleasant.

I appear in the middle of Jordan's room and I choke out a sob. My wolf, who's been relatively silent while I've been weak, whimpers. It is filled with his scent and everything is the way he left it. The smashed glass pane as well.

All of a sudden my vision goes white and a figure appears. Oh great now I'm hallucinating... Then she speaks and I recognise the voice, 'Casey, how well you have done. As you might or mightn't of guessed, for the first time ever and most likely the only I spoke with the fates.

They told me they would gift you elements and that I should give you that particular riddle. I had no idea your friend was going to die and for that I am sorry. Deep down you still did know where it was: in your heart. Buried inside was your rage and power that unleashed the weapon. Yourself.

I know this will be horrible news for you but... the rogue king is still alive. He escaped and you still have much journey ahead of you.

Good luck my daughter.'

And she fades.

As the room comes back into focus I once again steel myself and try to forget about what just happened. I grit my teeth at the news that the king is still alive but I must maintain a clear head. I try to take a step forward and nearly collapse, but I haul myself up using a dresser. I manage to get to the door, open it and shout, 'HELP!'

After a minute, I hear a couple of people run upstairs and when they turn to face me I nearly laugh in relief. It's Holly, Bonnie and Cassandra. When they see me, leaning against the doorway, obviously pale as a sheet, panting as though I've run a mile, their faces go from shock to panic. They rush forward and try to haul me up, but I push them away, 'rogues- are- coming,' I manage, gasping.

Now their faces turn white like ghosts, 'ar-are you sure?' Holly's timid voice says.

I look straight into their eyes, 'I'm positive. Now where are all the guards?'

Bonnie just looked at me, 'all the men are gone, Casey, they all went to look for you.'

I stand there in shock for a moment before cursing, 'Jordan you IDIOT!'

How could he take all the Warriors and guards when he knew rogues could attack! He is such a dumbass, and I'm seriously going to have a go at him if we survive.

I go into full Luna mode, 'Cassandra and Holly go to the weapon rooms, get all the weapons everyone knows how to use and bring them into the front yard, we have to hurry. Bonnie get EVERYONE and bring them to the front yard, I give you five minutes.'