Aqualad x Aquaphobic reader

(Aquaphobia: A fear of water.)

Just the thought of water made you cringe, no matter what you were never ever going in a boat even to save your life. You didn't understand why you feared the sea or pools. It was just something about them!
Your mom thinks it started when you went out to the pool with Connor when you were little.
-flash back-

"Be careful! And Connor look after her!" Your mom called after you.
"Ok!" You shouted back as you felt your two pigtails tickle your neck. You run out the door with Connor and you see your Uncle and he waves, your smile lifts and you brush down your (F/C) dress before you hugged him.
"Hey Sweet pea! Is this your friend? Connor is it?" He asked you as he lifted you up. You nodded and giggled.
"He's Clark's and Louis' son." You whisper, your uncle nodded and plopped you down. You got into the car with Connor and you pulled out  your list.
"Ok sun lotion, check, Swim suits, check, Towels?, check, Some chocolate!, check and last of all out nets!, check!" You smile at yourself for being well organised.
"Where's the beach?" Connor asked in a hushed tone, your uncle started the car up.
"It's not too far it's about an hour away." You replied Connor pouted.
"AN HOURRRR??" He whined, you giggled.
"1,00 glasses of Capri sun on the wall..."

-1 hour later-
"Connor wake up were here!!" You squealed as you looked at the golden beach, you let out a giggle as you watched the waves splash.
"You go find a spot kids! And (F/N) no sea until I have come to the spot you're at ok?" Your uncle warned, you nodded a little disappointed as Connor dragged you towards the beach.
"What makes the sun so hot? Is it that she turned up her Boiler?" You asked, Connor shook his head as you brushed your (H/L) (H/C) hair out of the way.
"The sun is just hot because when the moon was out the sun went for a loooooong jog, like super long!" Connor explained, You nodded and looked over to the sea in awe, temptation tugged you to go into the sea but your uncles words warned you. You stood up and so did Connor.
"What are you doing?" Connor asked as he twiddled his thumbs, you smiled at him and pointed to your costume.
"I'll only splash my toes." You called back to him as you ran towards the water. You inhaled and jumped towards the water. You giggled and looked back at Connor who was talking to your uncle.
You tip toed deeper into the water and smiled to yourself, you splashed more and began laughing as you swam. You then felt an odd pain. You couldn't swim. The water began to get cold around your leg. You felt as if you couldn't swim. You began to struggle, you splashed and screamed loudly. You felt your lungs ache for air. Your vision blurred as the cold salty water engulfed you. Your eyes began to sting and your vision became hazy. You began to sink. You then saw something.
It's skin was dark, it's hair blonde. You tried to force your eyes open as the thing got closer but you couldn't. You saw the thing stop in front of you and out of shock your eyes snapped open. It had gills. The boy looked around your age. He eyed you and circled you. You shakily reached out to it. You assumed it was a he.
He went to reach out for you but something grabbed you and he flinched and swam away. You looked up to see your uncle and you clutched him.
You looked over his shoulder as swam you to shore, you closed your eyes and that was it.

-Now-

You cringe at the thought, you should have listened because you had lost your love for the sea because of one mistake.
"Hey."
You spin and see him Kaldur'ahm. Or Aqualad. He was the boy you had seen. The boy who helped you get over your uncles death.
"Hi..." You mumbled back as you looked at the sea. You hugged your knees as Kaldur'ahm walks towards you.
"I'm sorry I bought you here. It's just that I wanted you to get over your fear." Kaldur'ahm said to you as he knelt by you, your feet dangled off of the cliff edge.
"It's ok. I just... I just wanted quiet." You replied, He nodded as went to stand.
"Do you want me to-"
"NO! Stay... Please..." You said gripping his hand so you prevent him from leaving, you squeezed his hand and he sat down next to you. You rested your head on your shoulder and he brushed your (H/L) (H/C) hair behind your ear.
"(F/N)..." Kaldur'ahm mumbled as he put his arm round you.
"Yes?" You reply, Kaldur'ahm kissed your temple and smiled.
"That day when you were drowning... And I came to you. What we're your first thoughts?"
You looked at him confused. Your thoughts, which were racing, made you smile.
"I thought that you were a fish!,' you giggled,' but the. I saw you were a boy and you went to reach for me but my uncle got me first." You looked up at him and he blushed nodding his head. You had never seen him blush before. It was cute.
"You know. I had seen you more times before that... You would be at the neck every Saturday and I would watch you. N-NOT IN A C-C-CREEPY WAY!" He spluttered. You chuckled and kissed his red cheek.
"I'm glad I almost drowned." You whispered into his ear sweetly. Kaldur'ahm looked at you with a smirk.
"Why?" He asked with curiosity. You snuggled into him more.
"Because then I would never of seen you." You said with a soft smile. Kaldur'ahm hugged you and kissed you. You pulled him closer and the kiss got sweeter. You pulled away and giggled looking at him.
"I love you." You said to him, Kaldur'ahm smiled widely and you felt his heart rate speed up.
"I love you too." He replied.

(Sorry for any spelling or Grammar errors but as always enjoy and stay cute my cakes! ✌🏾️💖🎂)