Chapter 15

Five months later

Things have been going great! I'm starting to feel more and it's a great experience. Aaron and I are almost inseparable and we spend almost all our nights texting and talking over the phone.

He still doesn't know that he's the good feelings for me. Which I'm glad for. I don't honestly know if he likes me back.

Anyways it's the last month of school and prom is coming up in a week or so. I actually can't go since I'm a freshman. I just hope Aaron finds some on nice to go with.

I also haven't had any panic attacks for the last month.

After school I had to go to tutoring... it wasn't for me. I'm too smart for that. I was tutoring Aaron actually... and that one Boldalf... or was it Balto? I don't remember.

"So are you going to tell me the answer or not?" Boldalf... I mean Balto grumbled.

"It doesn't work like that. You need to be able to understand it. Otherwise you're not going to get anywhere in life, Balto." I rolled my eyes.

"What a tutor you are." He growled, standing up and leaving. I rolled my eyes again.

"So, Aaron, are you willing to participate?" I asked hopefully.

"I guess." He nodded.

After an hour or so of studying, and him getting every answer right I stopped him. "Okay, Aaron do you really need tutoring?"

"No," he sighed, smiling. I shook my head.

"This is supposed to be for people who need help."

"But it was taking away my time with you," he pouted. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I guess we're done then."

"Yeah... well, I just have a question."

"Sure, shoot."

"Would you um... well-"

"Aaron, I can't answer your question unless you actually ask me." I teased.

"Gee, thanks for boosting my confidence," he rolled his eyes.

"No problem."

"Gah! Would you like to go to prom with me?" He asked, looking flustered.

"Oh... uh, yeah sure... but, uh... wouldn't you like to spend your senior prom with someone... I don't know... special?"

"You are special, which is why I'm asking you, obviously," he rolled his eyes.

"Well, sure," I nodded.

"Shall we head to one of our places?"

"My house today, binge watching Grimm!" I yelled.

"Yessssssss!" He smiled.

We walked to my house, nothing bad happening. Good sign. We walked inside, dropping our stuff off by the door. "Mom, I'm home!" I yelled, grabbing some food from the kitchen before we ran upstairs.

We ran into my room and settled down to rematch Grimm.

Aaron's P.O.V.

After like the fifth episode I heard light snoring, and I turned to see (Y/N), leaning deep into her pillow, eyes closed, peacefully asleep. I smiled and cleared everything off her bed and tucked her in, turning off the television.

I walked downstairs and saw her mom sitting by the counter. "Hi, Mrs. (L/N)." I waved.

She smiled at me, weakly. Something was wrong, by this sign. She was normally so happy and full of energy. "Is something wrong?"

"Is (Y/N) still upstairs?" She looked like she was about to cry.

"She's asleep, why? Did something happen? But if something did happen, you don't have to tell... if it's personal."

"No it's alright, you're already like a part of this family. You can know. (Y/N)'s father... is... dead. He was hit by a drunk driver," she burst into a loud and horrified sob.

"Oh my Irene... I'm so sorry Mrs. (L/N). Forgive me for asking."

"No it's okay... I wanted to tell (Y/N), but she's been doing so good. Not a panic attack this past month. I can't shove her back down again."

"That's alright. I can tell her," I volunteered.

"Would you?" She cried. "I just can't bring myself to do that to her."

"I wish I could say I understand, but I can try to understand. I'll tell her as soon as she wakes up." I said walking back upstairs, leaving her to her bearings.

Your P.O.V.

I woke up in my bed, still in my uniform and Aaron was sitting in my desk chair, shaking as it seemed. I sat up, the bed creaking awfully loud.

Aaron turned, and had a gaunt look on his face. "Aaron? Is something wrong?"

"Yes... I'm afraid so." He sighed, looking down.

"Well, what is it?"

"Your father... was hit... by a drunk driver." He mumbled.

"Is he okay!?" I whispered.

"No... I'm sorry." I felt warm liquid run down my cheeks. Aaron pulled me into a hug as I burst into tears. Shaking and crying into his shoulder. This went on for a few minutes before Aaron pulled away startled.

"Is... s-something else wrong?" I asked, whipping tears away.

"You were crying." He looked surprised.

"Yeah so?" I grumbled. He pulled me into another hug and this one wasn't comforting, it was more excited and happy. "AARON!!! Can't... breath!" I gasped.

He released me with a bright look on his face. "You're fixed!?"

"Oh... that," I blushed.

"Who? How? Where? When?" He yelled, starting nag.

"If I tell you, you have to promise not to freak out... okay?" I was still crying, but this was actually a good thing in a dark time.

"Yes!" He snapped. I bit my lip, I've never done what I'm about to do before.

I leaned in, and pulled him into a kiss.

He seamed shocked and didn't kiss back.

I pulled away. "I'm so, so sorry," I cried harder, covering my face with my hands. I felt him pry my hands away from my face and forced me to look at him.

He gently whipped tears from my face, smiling softly. "Its okay."

"N,o it's not okay! I was just being stupid and well-" he cut me off by pressing his lips against mine.

I kissed back, and he wrapped his arms around me. I felt the tears fall more freely. He pulled away smiling.

"I feel the same way, too."