Chapter 10

It's been about a week since Aaron and I made up. We've been spending a much time as possible together, before school, during free period, during passing, after school, weekends.

We were into the second week of December, and the temperature was dropping fast. I put on a light fleece jacket a scarf, gloves and a hat. I quickly grabbed two sandwiches, and ran out of the house.

Aaron was waiting for me down by the fence. I tossed him one of the sandwiches and he caught it. "Thanks," he smiled.

"No problem," I nodded. We were leaving earlier because if how much snow there was, so we wouldn't be late for school, and we took turns bringing each other breakfast.

We started to eat our sandwiches in silence. "So how are you doing in your classes?" I asked.

"Fine... and you?" He looked over at me.

"Could be a lot better," I shrugged.

"If you need help studying just say so and I'll help." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need help, I just need to get it done."

"Okay, okay." I shoved him lightly, and he laughed again.

"How's music class?"

"Pretty good. You could still transfer from art to music." He seemed to be hinting something.

"I don't know... what would I do?"

"Come on. I've heard you sing." He laughed.

"Yeah, I feel bad for you. It probably sounded like a dying cat," I rolled my eyes.

"No, it was pretty good," he smiled. My cheeks got warm, and the cold the was there a few moments before disappeared. "Are you... blushing?"

"What's that?" I asked. "Blushing?"

"You know. When you like someone, and you feel your face heat up, because you're nervous around them or something like that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Probably not, it's just cold out here. Remember I can't feel anything." I mumbled.

"Yeah, you're so boring." He joked. I glared at him, and kicked him in the shin. "Ow! I was kidding!!!" He laughed. "Anyways did you fall in love this weekend?"

"Only with a book," I joked. Although it was true. What I wasn't going to tell him though is that I think that I may be falling for him.

"Right, you fell for a book, and not my devilishly handsome... muffin recipes?" I stared at him.

"What? You make muffins?" I made a confused face.

"No, I was hoping I could get you to laugh, and you wouldn't have a panic attack. Like some kind of life miracle." I patted his shoulder.

"You know that would be nice, but... eh, who cares?" I started running through the snow. "CAUSE YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CATCH ME!!!" I yelled.

"What!? That's not fair!!!" He yelled. I could hear him running after me gaining by every step. I pushed myself harder.

My legs were already burning, and my breaths were coming in fast. The icy blast of the morning against my skin snapped me awake.

My bag was bouncing up and down on my back,mI could see the fog from my breath drifting behind me.

And for a split second everything stopped I was in the middle of the street and a car was zooming right at me. My only reaction was to cover my head. And instead of feeling metal slam into my front side I felt flesh and bones crash into my right side, pushing me out of the way before the car could hit me.

When I opened my eyes Aaron was laying on top of me. "Are you okay!?" He yelled.

I nodded taking in deep breaths. "Th-Thank y-you," I stuttered. At the moment it was hard to breath. I just saw my eyes flash before my eyes, and I stood there, helpless. I could have died.

Aaron could have died.

It could have been both of us.

I stood up, not wanting to talk about the situation, and sped walked to school with Aaron right next me. Both of us staying silent.

After homeroom I headed to art, quietly. Today we're supposed to turn in anything we drew from the past weeks. I had the drawing of my parents, a still life, a few nature scenes like a river, a forest and what it looks like from above the ground, and... the one of Aaron from the park.

I pulled these out of my portfolio and Garroth and Laurance started snickering. "Something funny boys?" I raised an eyebrow.

"How's your boyfriend?" Laurance asked.

"Aaron?" I asked.

"No. We meant, Zane... yes, we meant Aaron," Garroth laughed.

"First, we're not dating, nor will we ever. Second, he's perfectly fine, not that it's any of your business." I glared. They held up there hands.

"Sorry we asked," Laurance grinned, "does that mean you're up for grabs?"

I quickly stomped on his foot under the table as hard as I could. He quickly raised his foot up to grab it, but slammed his knee onto his desk instead. "MOTHER OF IRENE!!!" He screamed.

Garroth and I were laughing... wait I was laughing? I hope no one heard!!!

"Mr. Zvahl would you like to spend your after school hours with me?" Our teacher asked.

"No." He mumbled.

"Then I suggest you keep it down!" He snapped. Laurance looked at me.

"Not my fault," I whispered.

After school I ran outside looking for Aaron. I saw him waiting by the steps, talking to Aphmau. I ran over. "Aaron! Aaron! Aaron!" I yelled. He looked over and smiled, waving me over.

I bolted over there, and Aaron pulled me into a hug, and Aphmau gasped. I pulled away and Aphmau raised an eyebrow. "Are you two?"

"No!" I yelled, moving away.

"Oh, okay, well I have to go. My mom is picking me up." She smiled, then ran off. Aaron looked down on me.

"Was there something you wanted to tell me?"

"I lau... I mean how was your day?" I asked.

"Pretty good I guess. It sucks that you missed sixth hour though." He frowned.

"Yeah, well I needed to help my teacher with something." I nodded. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we headed towards home.

Maybe I should tell him I'm getting fixed?

I just don't want him to think different of me...