Chapter 30: Jail (Last)

*Rose's POV* (One week later)

I couldn't handle it anymore. Ever since last week, I've been getting threatening messages from Ashton; saying if I tell, he would literally kill me. I told Naomi not to come anymore because I didn't want her in the middle of it and so she didn't get hurt. After Naomi left, Ashton kept sneaking into my house and breaking things like lamps and plates. Last night I decided to call the detectives and report everything. I was now fearful of the results and if Ashton would come after me.

I was currently laying on my bed, trying to sleep when I hear a noise in my room. It was about 2 in the morning so I thought it was nothing. A few minutes later though, I heard it again and this time I could identify it. It was the sound of breathing that wasn't mine. I open my left eye and see a silhouette standing in the corner of my room- well, my mom's old room. I close my eye and my breathing started to quicken as my mind raced.

"Hey princess." His voice was deep and chilling. He sounded so angry and honestly, it scared me. I groan and turn the other way, not because I wanted to piss him off, but because I was in an uncomfortable position. I hear him huff in anger and his footsteps walking over to my bed. His hand lands on my arm, gripping it harshly and he tugs me up roughly. I whine as the warmth of my bed is taken away from me. I'm faced with the person who I should've called the cops on when I came out of the coma almost a year ago.

"I heard you called the cops last night. What did I tell you what was going to happen if you did?" Ashton whispers in my ear and I shiver as his lips brush against my ear and his breath fanned over my neck. I blink and swallow my fear as I pull my arm away from his grip. I move away from him and look at him, anger in my eyes.

"You know what, I don't give a fuck anymore. Kill me, torture me, I don't care. In the end, I'll die and that'll be it. I'll be free of all the pain caused by you and the others. Shoot me, hang me, do something for God's sake." I say, staring at him with complete seriousness, even though I was terrified on the inside. I could see the fire in Ashton's eyes as he became extremely angry. He grabbed my face, gripping it roughly and forces me to stand up. I whimper as he pulls me up by my head, forcing me on the wall. His hands find my neck and I start screaming, only to be shushed by his callused hand. He wasn't squeezing my neck just yet, just staring at me with hatred. I was breathing hard by the time he started to squeeze my neck. I began to gasp for air as I scratch his hands.

"Help! Help! Me!" I scream after I bite Ashton's hand and he let go of my mouth. I began kicking my legs, hitting him in the kneecap but he didn't budge. His breath smelt like alcohol and something that I couldn't understand. I began to get dizzy when my bedroom door was kicked open and a crew of police fled into my room. Ashton drops me to the ground but doesn't turn around. My vision was blurry but I could see the two detectives that have been on my kidnapping case since I woke up from the coma.

"Put your hands up where I can see them! Now!" Detective Smith screams, pointing a gun at Ashton. Ashton slowly turns around and puts his hands up.

"You are being charged for the kidnapping of Rose Rain and Naomi White, abuse, rape, and attempted murder." Detective Smith says whole he walks behind him and cuffs his hands together while detective Ryan helps me up. I watch as they drag him out of the room and into the cop car.

"Did you get the others?" I cough, looking up at the detective. He nods and begins to tell me how.

(Flashback to earlier last night)

*Calum's POV*

I was currently at the pub, drinking down shot after shot after shot. I saw a girl eying me a few minutes ago and I wanted to talk to her. I tossed back another shot before standing up and stumbling over to the girl.