Chapter 9:Emotions.

Yup.It's time.Please try not to cry on the webpage,as I don't know if it can handle water damage.XD.Anyways,enjoy!

Frisk woke up with a start.Did Chara just call her...an idiot?Even though she was scared,she was also exited.That was the most emotion Frisk had ever seen Chara use,negative or not.It proved that she could feel emotions,not just manipulate other people's.But it also brought up another question:If Chara can feel emotions,was she regaining her SOUL power...?Frisk didn't want to think about it.

"You're up,sleeping beauty!"Zack commented to Frisk.She smiled at the already-awake group and waved.She then got out of bed and brushed the fuzz off of her clothes."So,what do you guys wanna do...?"Steven trailed off.The group looked over at him and saw that he was staring into space."Hey,Earth to geeky boy!Are you okay?HELLO!?"Cody yelled at Steven."I...I'm fine.Guys,call it creepy all you want,but I think I...well...I...there's something I need to say to Toriel."Steven muttered."What?That you're in looooveee?Ohh,is that it?"Isabelle teased."You're one to talk,Isabelle x Cody.And don't go denying it sis,the whole group knows it.And no,it is not love related.It's more of...I don't know...following a vision."Steven shrugged.Isabelle x Cody (That's the name I'm gonna call them.Comment below what you think their ship name should be!) turned a deep shade of red."Uhh...err...well..."they muttered.The group proceeded to explore the rest of the house.

Frisk stayed behind a little bit longer.They had overlooked one emotional detail.She smiled,as it hadn't been stepped on in the chaos.

*You found a slice of Butterscotch-Cinnamon Pie.

Why do you always pick up the pie slice?You always pick it up,and always eat it at my dad's fight.You know I think it's weird...

"That's exactly why I do it."Frisk replied.She put the pie in her bag,and ran to the others in the living room."Oh?What is it,my children?Did you sleep well?I hope you liked the decorations."Toriel fussed over the kids."Toriel?I-err,we-think this place is great and all,but when can we go home?"Steven asked.Toriel looked flustered."W-what do you mean,my child?This-IS your home.Umm...Do you want to read the book I'm reading?It's called '72 Uses for Snails'..."Toriel quickly changed the subject.Frisk looked shocked.How did Steven know what to do?What is Chara?Or...reset memories?

"Toriel.You are a very sweet lady,don't get me wrong.You have made us all very pleased by taking care of us thus far.But I think it would be for the better if you told us the way out of here,if you could be so kind?"Isabelle said in a fancy accent the group had never heard her use.Although,Steven glared at her and muttered something about 'British origins' and 'being the favorite child'.

Toriel looked at her funny(Insert confused face sprite)for a second,then looked at the others with a sad expression."I...have to go do something."She jumped up from the chair and ran off into what appeared to be the basement."...?What was that about?"April asked."Nice goin',you two!You've gone an' broke the goat lady!"Cody yelled at the twins."Hey,hey,everyone calm down...OR I'LL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE IF I HAVE TO!"Zack yelled.It straitened the kids up,alright.Frisk,doing another passive-aggressive hint,walked toward the stairs.Same as with the long hallway,the rest of the group soon followed.

The 'basement' was purple with dark purple walls.It was awfully eerie,as there was no upbeat music like in the rest of the RUINS.The children didn't have to walk long to find Toriel,apparently...waiting for them?"So you followed me.I guess you want to know where I am headed."she asked.The group nodded."This hallway leads to the exit of the RUINS.I am on my way there to destroy it."she replied."WHAT?!"the kids who could talk screamed.Tourmaline looked shocked.Frisk just tried to hold back the flashing images of a damaged Toriel laughing maniacally.

"You don't understand,my children.Last night,I had...visions.Of all of you being killed in some horrible way.And it was all my fault,because I let you go.You came.You left.You died."Toriel whispered,desperately trying to hold back tears."I'm just trying to stop that from happening.Please,let me do this one thing for you." She ran forward,supposedly to the exit."Toriel..."April said,crying."We're not doing any good standing around.As much as I hate to say it,we have to stop her."Zack sighed.His face was red from emotions.

The area where Toriel was now was purple like the rest,but it had a door with the markings on Toriel's dress on it."You are very persistent.And you are all very nice children.But it's an attitude like that...that will get you killed later on.You think that you can handle the outside world,right?Well then,prove it.Prove to me that you are strong enough to survive!"Toriel said,completely sobbing now.The area slowly turned the color and shape of a battle arena.

Are you actually crying?You knew this was going to happen...weirdo.

"Yeah,but I always get emotional at this part.It's just...stronger than usual."Frisk whispered so the others couldn't hear.The others,in fact,wouldn't have heard her if she shouted.They were all to busy rebuilding their emotional structure after what they just witnessed.(You've gotta remember they're children.It's a children's instinct to love their mother,adopted or not.Would you wanna fight your mom?)Since Frisk was the only one not shaking,she went up and looked at the menu.

*Toriel blocks the way!

FIGHT     ACT     ITEM     MERCY

She promptly pressed the ACT button.

*CHECK                                   TALK

She then pressed the CHECK button.

*TORIEL

ATK 80       DEF 80

*Knows what's best for you.

"..."Toriel remained silent as she looked Frisk dead in the eye.She then shot fireballs at her.Frisk dodged them with grace.This was actually getting pretty easy to dodge.She gasped as she realized the attack was not aimed only at her.She looked over to a burning group with decently low HP."We're f-fine.Keep going,Frisk.Stay determined!"April assured her,giving a weak thumbs-up.Frisk looked back at Toriel to see her looking in shock at the other children.She was expecting them to dodge.What had she done?Frisk pressed the MERCY button.The only option was to SPARE,so she did exactly that.Toriel looked flustered,but attacked anyways.This time,the attack was only at her.The SPARE,dodge method went on for a while,until finally Toriel cracked under pressure.

"What are you doing?Attack or run away!Can't you see I'm doing this to help you?... ...Unless...no...No,I see."Toriel suddenly stopped attacking."You were trying to make me see that I was only holding you back,right?Hehe...All of you are special.Each showing off traits that monsters would easily envy.And here I was,trying to stop greatness...Hahaha...Pathetic,is it not?I cannot even save a group of children...No,I get it.You would just be unhappy down here.If you must leave,however...never come back.But first..."Toriel walked over to the six injured children,and healed their wounds."I will miss all of you."Toriel gathered all the children and made a big group hug.

"Toriel..."Tourmaline said.It was the first time she had spoken,and her voice was soft and sweet,like a cinnamon roll.Toriel smiled.She got up,and walked away.But not before saying this:

                                                             "Goodbye,my children."

                                                                            ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

                                                                     End of chapter 9