"Come on, let's go," I nodded. I started to walk off, but his hand slid down my arm and made contact with my hand. This time when I looked up at him, he was frowning.

"You don't care about...?"

"About what?" I asked, confused.

"Me," he clarified. I sighed because I was mad that he still thought I didn't care. "Why I'm here instead of the house."

"I have a feeling that you won't believe me if I say that everyone needs a break, but fine...why did you leave?" I asked him. He let go of my hand.

"Do you...like Cheshire?" he muttered. I laughed. I really laughed. He only raised an eyebrow.

"You're kidding right?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I don't like Cheshire. Sure, we're friends I guess, but where do you get that I like him?"

"You were so willing to hold his hand in front of everyone and then you offered me off to Indica as if you had the right—"

"I was proving a point!" I insisted inside of a laugh. I reached out and grabbed his hand and laced our fingers. I got serious now. "I already know that Cheshire is still hung up on Alice and I just want people to be happy, so I called out Indica, amused Cheshire, and made Indica consider something that she wanted...which was you."

"Then why can't you make me happy?" he asked in a whisper.

"I'm trying, but..."

"What is it, then?" he asked. I then made a decision that I wouldn't accuse anything. I would go about it in the way I wanted.

"Depends...are you going to let me make you happy?" I asked him. He closed his mouth because we both didn't expect my reply, but then he slightly nodded. Then, I smiled and laced our fingers to pull him along. Immediately, he started looking around like it wasn't his place to be here.

"What are you doing? I'm not meant to be here," he told me like some socially anxious person. And just to prove him wrong, I walked up to a group of teenagers that seemed to be our age. His hands tensed up before I let go.

"Excuse me," I told them and the three girls and two boys looked over. "What do you think when you see...him?"

I gestured to Zaine and he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and half-smiled.

"He's hot," the shorter girl with highlighted brown hair complimented.

"Dude, you're built," the guy with the dark longer hair admitted.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" the blonde girl asked and surprisingly I didn't say anything or get jealous...but Zaine had reached over to reclaim my hand.

"Well—"

"Why did you ask us about him? There's nothing wrong with him," another girl with long, light brunette hair said as if she knew exactly what and why I was doing this. She had light highlights, pale blue eyes, clear skin, and a brilliant smile playing at her pink lips.

"He looks fine to me," a strawberry blonde commented, checking us out.

"Well actually he's rather...ill," I started, dramatically and it caught their attention. "He has some crazy belief that he's too much of a stick-in-the-mud to have fun."

"I am not!" Zaine denied immediately, completely offended as the other teens got it.

"Then why do you keep complaining about being here?" I whined. He looked down and then slightly around.

"You know why..." he breathed lightly. I narrowed my eyes at him and then looked to the five teens while dropping our hands.

"Thanks anyways," I told them and started walking away from them and Zaine with purpose.