twenty three: one night stands

lennon || olivia || billy

☼~☼~☼~☼~☼

the next few events happen in quick succession, one right after the other. lennon watches the saltwater air change, her eyes switching from olivia to billy like she's watching an intense tennis match unfold on the sand. olivia's jaw drops when she's finally able to make out those blue eyes and that golden hair.

billy immediately fishes his phone out of his pocket, scrolling through a series of text messages on the screen. his jaw shifts and lennon swears she can hear his teeth clench.

"i've got to go," he says hastily, standing up from the lounger. "but knowing our luck, i'll probably run into you later, lennon."

"what's going on?" lennon turns toward olivia who looks like she's about to lose her balance metaphorically and literally.

"lennon, i think i know him." olivia sits down, running a hand through her blonde hair.

"yeah," lennon replies calmly. "he was the one running around in the banana suit during the bonfire."

"no, i mean i know, know him," olivia emphasizes.

"as in what?"

"as in i've been in the same bed with him before," she says with a face full of shame. "never ever again."

"ew, olivia," lennon cringes, "you've slept with banana suit billy during beach week? what happened to—"

"no, god no. i didn't sleep with him this week. i didn't even know he was here or that he was the one in the banana suit."

"where are you going with this?"

"lennon, he goes to same school as us."

☼~☼~☼~☼~☼