|| Chapter 44 ||

{Day 12 in Brighton}

My eyes shoot open with excitement.

"Oh, My, God!" I shout.

How could I not remember my birthday?!

"What's wrong?" Isaac groans, half awake.

"It's my birthday in a week!"

"How old?" He sits up to look at me sideways.

"18! That basically means I can do A LOT!" I say smiling.

"Like drinking, driving-"

"Well maybe not in that order" I cut him off.

He smirks and lays back down in the bedding.

"Hey!" I slap in playfully on the chest ",Get up, we are going to the beach."

"Baby it's cold outside," he sings.

I grin down at him ",We gotta go away!"

"Ugh," he groans. I grab hold of his hand and pull him out of bed. He manages to stand on his feet as I grab my stuff and rush to the bathroom.

                                                   |~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

As I am fitting my maroon denim skirt , with the buttons in the center, I hear a knock on the bathroom door.

"Leora, you have been in there for ages!" Isaac growls with boredom.

"One minute," I say now adjusting my black long sleeve top. My chest is a bit exposed as the shoulders nearly hand off.

"I bet you look your normal beautiful self," I can imagining him grinning down at me now. I can see that on my cheeks that they have begin to blush. I zip up my long black boots and tie the scarf gently around my neck. My loose curls hang bellow my shoulders. I push the door open and notice Isaac looking at me, his mouth slightly open. He was leaning against the door frame and then slowly stood up straight. I got closer to him so I could feel his body heat. My hand lifted his chin up so his mouth wasn't hanging anymore. I glided past him like nothing had happened, even though I felt the butterflies rising.

"LEVI!" I heard a high pitched scream come from the other room.

My body jolted to the second room, my muscles tensing on what might of happened.

As I came to the room Ivy was practically on top of Levi. She was hugging him so hard.

"LEORA!" She pounced towards me. She leapt into my arms. A single tear gently rolling down her cheeks.

"We... WE HAVE BEEN ASKED IF WE CAN PUBLISH OUR BOOK!" She was now standing on top of the bed holding up her Mac laptop.

Since when did this happen?

"When did you get a book?" Isaac started.

"When did you come up with a book?" I say after.

"Well, we thought it wasn't going to go far but it looks like it did," Levi smiled.

"I did the writing and Levi did the drawings! He was an amazing drawer so we thought he could still help with the text but focus more on the pictures through out the book," Ivy explained.

OH MY GOD, MY BEST FRIENDS BOOK IS GETTING PUBLISHED!

"Ivy, Levi, This is amazing news," I hugged Ivy.

"Celebration!" Isaac shouted.

We grinned at him but agreed.

                                                           |~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

We ended up doing nothing productive for the day. All I did was go to the pizza place with Isaac and bring it back. The air was chilly but okay to walk in.

"I just want to say you look stunning," Isaac stuffed his hands in his pockets as I carried the pizza boxes through the streets. They weren't heavy so it was fine to carry.

"Thanks," I smile ",You too?"

I could tell he was grinning even though I didn't look at him.

"Favourite colour?" He said out of the blue.

"What?"

"Favourite colour?" He repeated.

"I don't have one," I looked down at my feet while I walked.

"Everyone does," he took the pizza boxes off of me.

"Well I don't, I just haven't decided yet."

"You have nearly had 18 years to decide, what's your favourite colour?"

"Well right now... Maybe .... Maroon, a dark red but not like a dark wine red." I smiled.

"Why?"

"Why?" I mimicked ", you can't ask why."

"Why?"

"It was my mothers favourite colour ,red."

"Leora, I didn't mean to push you-"

"You didn't," the thought of my mother lets a tear roll down my cheek. Isaac stopped and pulled me towards a green bench. He set down the boxes and looked down at me. His smooth thumb wiped away the stranded tear.

"Sorry," he whispered in my ear. His body hunched over and his arms wrapped around me, my arms copied. His hugs where the best. Made me feel safe again.

                                                 |~|~|~|~|~|

I got in bed with a bare, fresh face after a shower. I used my make up remover every night or other wise I couldn't sleep. My stomach swirled for Levi and Ivy. So proud.

Day 13 tomorrow...

HELLO!
:( just realised our rank has disappeared...
But as always I am so glad you have read this chapter and they will we going home soon.
Read more to find out what happens next.
Love you!
Bye!!