He let out a sigh of despair as he drove past the cemetery. It was in moments like these that he'd like to turn to his mother to ask for advice. She had loved Caitlin when they were back in high school, and he was sure that, had she still been alive today, she would have been rooting for the both of them. Nora would've told him what to do to comfort Caitlin, to keep her from pushing him away.

But she was gone and Barry was on his own to find the answers to his many questions.

He suddenly slammed on the brakes. One hand gripping on the steering wheel, the other clutching at the gearstick, Barry went into reverse to go back to the entrance of the cemetery and then stopped the car.

Rapid heartbeat and shallow breath, Barry stopped for a moment to consider his next move. Caitlin was nowhere to be found in the town. It was the anniversary of her fiancé's death. She couldn't go anywhere to pay Ronnie her respect. And her father was buried in this cemetery. She had to be there, searching for some kind of comfort at her father's grave.

Slowly, he got out of his car and made his way inside the cemetery. The heavy silence hovering over the graves was like a weight on his heart. It made him think about the numerous times he had come to this place to visit his mother. But right now, he tried to concentrate on finding her. It didn't take him long to find the way back to her where he thought he could find her.

And there she was, sitting on a bench not far from where he knew her father's grave was. He couldn't help but think she looked beautiful, even though her hair was kind of a mess and her face looked strained. She was sitting back, hands curled on her lap, tired eyes looking into nothingness.

The last steps bringing him to her seemed to take way more effort than normal. He was terrified about what could happen next, what it would mean for them.

"Hey." He softly whispered as he stopped next to her, not wanting to scare her.

Caitlin slowly looked up at him and when their eyes met, one single tear rolled down her cheek. Barry wanted nothing more than to reach out and swipe it away, but he was afraid of her reaction.

"Can I sit there?" He asked in a hushed tone, pointing to the free spot next to her on the bench.

A very shy smile appeared on her lips as she barely nodded. It was enough for him to take place next to her. His heart swelled in his chest as she instantly shifted closer to him. He let one arm go around her shoulders so that she could lay her head against his, her hand going to play with his shirt.

They stayed like this for moment, without saying a single word, just watching the sun going down and the trees' shadows growing bigger over the graves.

"I'm sorry..." Caitlin finally whispered after what felt like hours.

Barry frowned. "For what?"

"For snapping at you like that this morning. And for walking out on you, on us." She explained in a murmur.

"Hey don't worry about that, you've got nothing to apologise for."

Carefully, she untangled herself from him and moved to face him. "Of course I do. I'm taking all my frustration and anger and guilt out on you, and I don't know how to stop it."

"I don't mind because I get it. I know how losing someone can make you cold and angry and mean. I don't mind as long you let me be there for you. Don't push me away. Just let me help you."

Biting her lower lip and avoiding his eyes, she slowly nodded. "I just..."

Barry waited for her to continue, but she didn't seem to find the right words to convey her feelings. "You just what?" He inquired softly, trying to show his support.