1, 2, 3, 4

"Give me more loving from the very start
Piece me back together when I fall apart
Tell me things you never even tell your closest friends

Make it feel good when it hurts so bad

The best that I've had

And I'm so glad I found you

I love being around you

You make it easy"

"1, 2, 3, 4 – Plain White T's"

--------

Barry was out of his car almost as soon as he'd cut the engine off. With a few long strides, he was on the front porch and loudly knocking on the door. A surprised Evelyn opened the door a few moments later.

"Barry, are you alright? What has ruffled your feathers?" She inquired with a typical Snow-frown on her features.

The young man gave her a weak smile and tried to look behind her to see if he could spot what he was looking for. When the silent background of the Snow-house was the only thing he found, he looked back at Evelyn with furrowed brows. "Is Caitlin here?"

"Caity?" The older woman shook her head. "No, handsome, I thought she was with you."

Barry's shoulders instantly sagged down and he let his fingers run through his hair to release some of his nervous energy. "Yeah, she was this morning..." He muttered, not really inclined to elaborate how they had spend their time until the blow out.

He hadn't heard from Caitlin ever since she had walked out on him about eight hours ago, and he was beginning to really worry about her. Even more considering she wasn't home. He thought she would just lock herself up in her old room, probably cry about Ronnie, and think a lot about her current predicament. And when she would figure things out, she would call him. But he never considered not finding her home.

"What did you do?" Her mother suddenly asked with a severe frown.

His eyes widened and flew up to meet hers. "What makes you think I did anything bad?"

Seriously, Evelyn put both hands on her hips, adopting an intimidating stance. "Well I don't know if you've noticed, but my daughter is crazy about you. Seeing you in that state makes me think you two fought about something, and since she's not here, it must be pretty bad. And I know she has a too fragile of a heart right now to be the one to risk it in doing something reckless."

Barry felt his heart drop further down his chest. "I... I'm not... I... I haven't done anything wrong..." He stuttered, at a loss for words, not really convinced about himself either. "Everything was fine until... until she saw the date."

Evelyn instantly dropped the severe behaviour, seeing Barry acting like a lost puppy. "What date?"

"Today's date." He croaked, now slightly rubbing the back on his neck. "It's the anniversary of Ronnie's death."

He heard Caitlin's mother gasp. "And she pushed you away, didn't she?" She whispered softly, worry palpable in her voice.

"That's the nice way to put it, but yes..." He sighed, nervously fidgeting with his shirt. He glanced over his shoulder for a second before turning back to Evelyn. "I'm going to look for her. The sun is soon setting down, I'd like to find her before it gets dark."

"Okay, could you please call me when you find her?"

"I will." He promised.

"Thank you, Barry."

Without another word, Barry ran back to the car to get on with his search. Ryker Neve wasn't the biggest town ever, but going through every main street, to make sure he didn't miss her, took him quite some time. Dread crept all over his neck as the daylight began to decrease further.