More Than Words

"How easy it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real"

"More Than Words – Extreme"

--------

"So sweetie, you've almost been here two months, how are you doing?" Evelyn asked sweetly as she came to sit next to her daughter in their backyard, handing her a glass of fresh water.

Caitlin shrugged. "I'm doing okay."

Evelyn just chuckled. Her daughter had never been one to share a lot about what was going on inside her head. But as her mother, she had always been really good at reading her. Right now, Evelyn could see that Caitlin had come a long way since she had stepped off that plane a few weeks ago. She knew she had to thank a certain Barry Allen for that, even if Caitlin would never admit it willingly to her.

She could see that the young doctor still had a lot of things on her mind, but it was different than the heart-breaking expression she had worn the first couple of weeks here. Evelyn could tell her daughter was on the right path towards healing and nothing could make her happier. Ever since her husband's death and then Ronnie's death, the older woman had been more than a little worried for her daughter.

"So how's Barry?" Evelyn asked innocently enough.

Caitlin glared at her and raised an eyebrow, seeing right through her faked detached behaviour. "I know what you're doing mom, stop it. He's fine."

Evelyn put her hands up in surrender. "I didn't mean anything specific, I was just asking how he was doing, my dear, nothing more." She defended herself.

"Yeah right." Caitlin grumbled before taking a sip of her water.

She hadn't seen Barry ever since their kiss a few days prior, but she wasn't avoiding him. As the end of the school year was rapidly approaching, Barry was swamped with work and didn't have a lot of free time on his hands. They had exchanged a couple of phone calls in which they had both pretended nothing had happened on the bleachers, but nothing else.

Caitlin didn't want to ignore him, she had come to the conclusion that she actually needed him right now – he was sort of her anchor. She just hoped he wasn't the one avoiding her because she had rejected him, and that he was actually busy.

She was brought out of her thoughts as her mother moved to stand up to go check on some flower she had planted a few of months ago and that were now blooming. But as soon as Evelyn put her hands on the arms of her chair to push herself off it, she stumbled a bit and fell back on the chair, one hand going straight to her forehead.

Caitlin frowned at what she had just witnessed. Her mother sat still in her chair, eyes closed and fingers slightly rubbing her temples. "Mom, are you okay?" Caitlin inquired, leaning forward to take a better look at her

Evelyn pushed her worry aside with her hand. Well at least she tried to.

"Oh stop fussing Caity, I'm fine. Just a bit dizzy." She replied with a somehow firm voice.

Caitlin kinked her brows, put her glass aside and kneeled beside the chair where her mother was sitting. "No but seriously, you look a little pale. Let me take a look." The young doctor insisted.

Evelyn shook her head in protest and weakly pushed herself off her chair into a shaky standing position. "I'm telling you, I'm fine." She replied, sprawling her arms to show her daughter she had managed to stand up without any problems.