All I Want

"So you brought out the best of me,
A part of me I've never seen.
You took my soul and wiped it clean.

Our love was made for movie screens.

But if you loved me
Why'd you leave me?
Take my body,
Take my body.
All I want is,
And all I need is
To find somebody.
I'll find somebody."

"All I Want – Kodaline"

--------

"Cait, I swear if you don't learn to actually finish a whole pizza alone, I'm going to revoke that engagement of ours!"

They were sitting on the kitchen floor in their brand new apartment, backs against the wall, and had decided to order some pizza for their first night there. Ronnie had successfully eaten his pizza while Caitlin had barely managed to get two third of it down her stomach.

"I tried, but they just make them so huge..." Caitlin began to defend herself with a whining edge in her voice, though a smile was threatening to curl her lips up at any moment.

Ronnie faked a huff of annoyance. "Fine, I guess I'll just have to eat the rest of it myself."

Caitlin had to laugh at his pretended surrender. Softly biting her lower lip, she pushed her pizza towards him, plucking out the last piece of red pepper on it, knowing that he didn't like them.

"See? That's why I'm marrying you!" Ronnie explained proudly. "You never finish your pizza and you eat the vegetables I don't like."

"Well I'm glad to be of use." Caitlin snorted with a roll of her eyes. "And you have to make up your mind, honey. Two seconds ago you were telling me that me not finishing my pizza could very well be a deal breaker." She teased with a raised eyebrow.

Her fiancé just shrugged with a small pout and Caitlin let her hand wander to his hair to play with it as he took a bite of her pizza.

While he ate, she let her eyes take in the room they were in. It was pretty much empty, except for the new fridge and the kitchen sink, but she could already see herself building a life there. Well, she was certain she could see herself building a life anywhere as long as she had Ronnie by her side.

She glanced at her fiancé and he gave her a toothy grin, making her chuckle in the process. She was happy like she hadn't been in a long time.

For a few years, she had wondered if Central City was truly holding something more for her. She knew she was one of those people who didn't absolutely need a significant other or love to be happy. She had always been her own person, finding huge satisfaction in knowledge and science. But it didn't mean she didn't want to have someone to share her life with.

After Barry, her dating life had been sporadic and messy. There had been a few guys here and there over the years, but nothing serious. She had always considered her studies and her work as a priority over her love life. She also didn't want a repeat of the heartache that had followed Her and Barry's breakup. That was until Ronnie came along and swept her off her feet.

His effect on her had taken her completely by surprise. He was nothing like the guys she usually went for, but maybe that was the point. He made her smile without trying to, he made her discover different things like Thai food and water sports (watching them, not doing them, she wasn't quite there yet).

He had managed to take her out of her shell just after losing her father and she'd be eternally grateful for that.

"What are you thinking about, pretty girl?" Ronnie asked just before taking another bite of pizza.