Chapter 4 - The Beginning of It

Camila's P.O.V.

After I walked backstage, someone snuck behind me and blurted "You did a great job!"

I jumped a little and turned around to see it was her. Lauren. "Thank you so much!" I said. I gave her a hug after, and she was so warm. Having her arms wrapped around me felt right. I realized I didn't even know this girl and I gave her a hug.. Maybe I was a little too touchy. I wasn't though. She hugged back immediately which made me smile. Even though I didn't know Lauren, I felt safe around her. It's weird because I'm usually anxious.. about EVERYTHING. Its not something I love, but so much has happened in my past that it made the type of person I am today. 

We release from our hug that was way too short. I mean I just wanted to be in her arms all day and talk and get to know one another. As we both let go, we looked up staring into each other's eyes which seemed like forever. Her green eyes were so captivating. They were gorgeous. She broke the silence introducing herself.

"I'm Lauren" she said while taking her hand out, signaling for a handshake.

"I'm Camila" I answered while shaking her hand. I couldn't help but smile the whole time. She grabbed my hand and we walked further backstage and sat down. 

Lauren's P.O.V.

After we let go of each other, I just wanted to grab her and give her the tighest hug ever. I'd probably squeeze her to death though haha. She's like this small, little, innocent girl and i find her so cute and adorable. 

"Where are you from?" Camila asked.

"I'm from Miami." I said. Her eyes grew wider as if she was happy.. or shocked? I don't know.

"Really?! I am too! I'm really suprised I never see you around.. wait do you go to Miami Palmetto or.. --" I cut her off.

"Ah no I go to Carrolton school of the Sacred Heart. It's an all girls school. I was able to go because I got a scholarship for softball." 

"That's so cool!. I can't play sports to save my life." she joked and we both laughed.

"I'll teach you to play one day." I said giving her a smile.

"I'll take you up on that." she said winking at me. I felt myself blush. I turned away trying to hide it but I think she noticed.

"You know, you look really cute blushing." she said giving me a smirk. Did she just flirt with me? I covered my face and started to giggle a little. Just the sound of her name made me melt. It was weird I know but I can't help it. I felt hands on my hands and pull them away from my face and it was Camila's. 

"Peek-a-boo!" I giggled like a baby. She laughed too. I really liked talking with her. I hope if we didn't make it through to the next round of X Factor, we would still be able to hang out in Miami. 

(2 Hours later)

Camila and I got to know each other a lot better. It turns out that we had a lot in common. I was really suprised we clicked right off the bat. Usually I always kept my guard up around most people, even my closest friends. I don't know why, I've always had trust issues. With Camila, I didn't have to worry about betrayal or any pain at all. Just the thought of her put a smile on my face. I haven't felt this way with anyone and I'm glad I finally can, especially knowing that this person is Camila. I love the fact I can be myself around her and I love everything about her, especially her personality. She's amazing. I can honestly say, I can fall in love with her. And truthfully, I already am.

Both Camila and I have been waiting all day for the judges to call the "Girls" back to the stage to see who made it to judge's homes. I saw how tired she was. Believe me I was too. I just wanted to know if I made it through or not.. and well of course I wanted to know if Camila made it through too. Right then and there, I thought of all the worst possible scenarios that could happen. What if she made it through and I didn't? What if I make it through and she doesn't? I mean if we both make it through at least we can do X Factor together. If we both didn't make it through, there was a good chance we would still hang out and become closer than we already are. I didn't want to think what would happen if only one of us made it through. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when I felt pressure on my shoulder. I looked over and realized it was Camz. Did I just really say that? I guess that's my new nickname for her. She was snuggled up laying her head on my shoulder. I move a little so that she would be more comfortable. I hesitated at first but then I decided to wrap my arms around her, cradling her, and having my cheeck up on top against her head. Her hands were laying on my thighs and I play with them. Next thing I know, she slid her fingers into mine, intertwining our hands. I smiled and I realized, I knew she was the one.

Camila's P.O.V.

I was so tired. I was waiting all day with Lauren. I just wanted to take a quick nap. I rested my head on Lauren's shoulder and next thing I knew, she wrapped her arms around me, having our hands intertwined. I felt her smiling and then I did too. She was so warm, everything felt right. I wanted to stay like this forever. How could she make me feel this way though.. I've never had this feeling with anyone before. I know I've never had a boyfriend before but I know what love is.. or at least i think I do. 

(Flashback)

"Mami how did you know?" I asked

"How did I know what mija?"

"How did you know you loved papi?"

"Your father, was something. The first time I saw him, he took my breath away. I went after him. Now look where we are? I have two beautiful daughters because of him. I have a family. Mija, love is love. I can't explain but I promise you, you will find that one person you want to spend the rest of your life with. You will know what it feels like. I can't tell you how it feel mija. Love is different for everyone. Okay?"

(End of flashback)

I know what my mom said but I'm afraid what others will think. You know what? I don't care. Being with Lauren like this made me happy and believe it or not, I'm falling for her. One day, I'm going to let her know that.

A/N ~ sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I've been really busy with school work and I've been studying for my permit this friday. I probably won't update til maybe friday or saturday! sorry guys! anyways, so both lauren and camila are falling for each other. When will they actually tell each other? What will others think? read, vote, comment and find out! Thanks guys!