"So you must be the lucky man." Aiden commented, breaking the millisecond silence.

"Who is this?" Landon addressed me only as if he wasn't in the room.

"Her Ex."

"Don't lie." I grounded out to him, turning to him. "You need to leave now."

"I'll keep in touch." He winked before walking out, but he stopped right next to Landon before looking him square up and down and he scoffed before walking out.

"Oh hell no." Landon followed him out, ignoring my protest.

"Landon stop!" I whispered yelled at him, following behind trying to grab ahold of his arm, but he snatched his hand away causing my skin to feel like it had been burned.

We both turned the corner to see the elevator door shutting with him in it along with my other coworkers.

Landon didn't stop there, he went straight to the reception, placing his palms on the counter top. "Who let him up here without my consent!" He demanded to know.

"H-he said he knew Miss Daniels, I-I didn't know sir, I thought she knew." She rushed to her conclusion.

"From now on everything goes through me." He turned to look at me his eyes furious. "My office now."

He didn't leave me any room to argue as he walked to his office and I groaned before following after him. "Who in the hell was that?" He demanded to know.

"Lets not do this right now." Turning my head to the door wondering if people could hear him.

"Why the fuck not, you can have anybody else in here but when I want to talk it's a later?" He questioned.

"Yes."

"That must have been a fucking joke, do you think I'm going to wait to talk about this?"

"I have to get back to work." Leaving the raging bull behind. I knew I was in serious trouble after this.

••

The car ride was silent. I tried to lighten the mood by playing music but he cut that off automatically and I'm left with looking out the window.

Not too soon we pulled up and I made beeline straight upstairs.  "Embre." His voice held so much angry that I stopped, my foot not even reaching the first step.

"Yes?" I answered back, turning towards him my shoulders sagging in defeat.

"Who was the man in my building?"

"Nobody."

"Are you sure? Because if my ears are fucking messing with me I heard him say your ex." The tone of voice was hard.

"He's not my ex." I answered his questions directly, but he didn't seem to like my answers.

"What was he then? A fling?"

"You know damn well you are the only one I've ever been with." 

"Don't try to switch this on me, I asked you a question."