Something More

Chapter 31:

"How about this one?"

"What?" I ask, snapping my head up from almost falling asleep.

"Embre." She whined, placing her glasses in her purse. "Which one?" She pointed to a sliver and red dress.

"Uh..." My eyes flickered between the two, but I didn't quite see myself wearing them. "What about that one?" I asked her, pointing behind her.

"What?" She asked as she was turning. "Oh this." She picked up the dress I had my eye on.

"Yeah.. do you like it?" I was afraid that she would tell me no and that I have horrible taste.

"If you like it, I love it." She shrugged. "But it's going to need a little bit of pop."

"Like accessories and stuff?"

"Exactly." She held out her hand that was holding the dress. "Here, go try it on."

And that's when I noticed how much clothing I was wearing, and it made me not want to. But I knew we didn't have much time so I went to find the dressing room.. but it was right across from me.

Three slips of clothes, heels and a watch later, I fitted inside the dress. My hands automatically went to my arms feeling how bare they were. "Are you done?!" I heard Lilly call out to me.

"Yeah!" I called back out to her. "Just give me a sec."
Going back to looking at myself, I turned to the side to eye my curves that I didn't know quite existed. Taking a deep breath, I stepped out of the dressing room for Lilly to take a look.

Her eyes engulfed and they startled all in one but there was a hint of smile lingering on her face. "Well that doesn't tell me anything." I nervously laughed. "Is there something on it?"

"No, you look great!" Her smile expanded even more.

"Thanks." I shifted from hip to hip. "I feel like there's something you're not telling me." She still had a smile on her face.

"Wait until Landon sees you." She spoke what was lingering in her mind.

I froze.

"He's going to be delighted to say the least. Go change so we can pay for the dress."

I just picked up a trait that they both have. They're both demanding.

"It's three o'clock so we have to put a little hustle in to get to the house."

"We're going back to the house?"

"That's where all your makeup stuff is, we can stop in a few stores to pick up some things that I can add if you want." She talked to me as I changed back into my work clothes.

A few moments later, we approached the check out. "Would you like bag?"

"Yes please." Lilly was digging in her purse for her wallet I'm assuming.

"Lilly, you don't have to do that-"

"It's already done." She handed her card to the cashier and she didn't hesitate to swipe the card.

My eyes widen. "5,000 dollars?" I knew I looked ridiculous with my mouth opening and closing but I was in a state of shock.

"We still have to get shoes." Lilly told me as she watched carefully when the lady placed the dress in the dress bag.

"Oh god.."

"What?"

"How will I pay you back?"

"It's my treat Embre." Lilly took the bag from the cashier after thanking her. "Now lets go." Handing the dress for me to hold, she turned on her heel to walk out of the expensive store.