Business and Promises

Chapter 24:

"Let me get that for you ma'am." I smiled politely at the man that was trying to help me with my suitcases.

"It's okay, I can take it from here." He looked shocked before he gave me back my suitcases, I wasn't use to people catering to me like this and I didn't want to start now. "Thank you for your help."

The jet ride back was awkward and saturated with tension and Adaline could feel it as well, but she thought it was for other reasons.

I didn't dwell in it because I saw her being engulfed into a big hug by her boyfriend when we stepped off. "Hey!" She exclaimed overjoyed with happiness.

I stare at the scene in awe.

He let's her down but she turns towards me and she motion me over. "Josh meet my friend Embre, Embre meet my boyfriend Josh." She introduced us to each other.

I hold out my hand to him and he takes my hand shaking it. "Nice to meet you." I took an his appearance, she wasn't lying when she said he looked like a Greek god. His hair was buzzed cut and he had grey eyes, he had a stumble forming around his full set of lips. He had on a pair of black jeans on with a dark blue shirt and that's when I noticed he had tattoos- even when it was almost night time the ink was noticeable. Where did she say she found him again? "She hasn't stopped talking about you since we've been gone."

I let go of his hand and he looks at Adaline giving her a smirk and he pulls her close to him. "Have you?"

She blushed and she looked away before scoffing. "No." She denied the whole essay she had written back in New York to me about him.

The feeling of someone's hand wrapping around my side made me flinch away before realizing who it was. "Are you ready?" Landon asked me, and calling a cab didn't sound so bad right now.

"Well, we better get going." Adaline chimed in and Josh picked up her suitcase for her while she clung her hands around her backpack straps. "Thank you for the trip, Landon." She acknowledged him. "It was nice seeing my family for a little while."

"It's not a problem, it's the least I could do." He acknowledged her back. "See you for work?"

"You bet." Then she had a light skip in her step to me before Landon let me go into her arms. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." She whispered in my ear before she pulled away grinning. "See you guys later!" And with that the couple took their leave.

And then it was just the two of us. "Are you going to tell me what I did or do I have to go another 25 minutes without talking to you?"

Shifting my eyes up to him, I shrugged my shoulders. "You don't have to worry about that and you have a meeting to attend to right? I would get a move on." I checked my phone to see Regina texting me back: 5 minutes away :)  "Thank you for the trip." I stuffed my phone back into the pocket of my hoodie.

"At least let me-" He tried to reach out for my suitcase and I stopped him with a hand.

"Landon I'm fine, you should go."

"You're serious right now?" He scoffed. "What the hell did I do?"

"You didn't do anything." It was my fault anyway.

"Then why the attitude?" Attitude? Scoffing back at him, I started to roll away from him with my belongings. "Could you stop doing that." His hand reached out to stop me.

"Could you just leave me alone?" I threw back at him, I wasn't good with my feelings because I didn't know what this was.

"You want me to leave you alone?"