Reassuring Love

Chapter 47:

My heart picked up as I looked at the man standing before me. "What are you doing here?" I asked him, my hand tightening its grip on the doorknob.

"Well, I came to see you."

"No shit, why are you here?" I emphasized, with venom laced through my voice.

"May I come in?" Gesturing into my office, and not wanting people to grow suspicious, I allowed him in.

"I'm not going to ask you again." I crossed my arms across my chest, once shutting the door.

"I missed you." That caused both of my eyebrows to raise in uttermost disbelief I was baffled even.. he couldn't be serious.

"Are you drunk or high?" There had to be a reason for this nonsense.

"What is that?" He ignored my oblivious question, and I followed his eyes to see he was looking at my engagement ring.

"It's a ring dumb ass."

"You've gotten feisty I must say." He tsked, not liking my chose of words.

"You need to go." Opening the door for him to leave.

"Wouldn't you miss me?"

"Aiden I haven't seen you in 7 years, I don't think I missed you." Another jab.

"So who's the lucky man?"

"Not you obviously."

"Don't be like that." He tried to advance towards me but I didn't even let him get that far.

"Don't be like what?" I held up my hand to stop him from getting closer to me that wasn't welcomed. "What's wrong with you?"

"Don't act like you don't know what's going on." He grabbed ahold of my hand and I flinched away like he was infected.

"Don't touch me." I pointed my finger at him. "What did we have Aiden? Friendship?"

"It was more than that, and you know it." He watched my finger because he knew the next step was him getting hit, and I would be charged for assault.

"Why can't you just leave me alone like you did the last 7 years, I thought you were happy?"

Aiden and I were friends in high school- he was my only friend. But, I didn't know he had a crush on me until he told me, and I tried to see where things could take us, but it was awkward for me because I was forcing myself like him back so it wasn't serious for me-but to him it was. We only went on two dates and I called it quits.

He moved on, telling me not to worry about it, and him moving meant he forgot about me in the process so our friendship never mattered but here he is again. "Please tell me you aren't crazy now." I eyed him.

He thought what I said was humorous as he smirked and quite frankly I didn't miss it. "I think you should leave because he's-"

"Right here."

My eyes widened before I sharply turned to see Landon standing in all his glory with the look of disapproval.