Secrets

Chapter 23:

I wake up with a start.

Why is it so hot? I stretched my foot out to find coldness.

Hearing a groan, knowing it definitely didn't come from me, I turned my head to see Landon still asleep with his mouth sightly parted.

Not wanting to wake him, I untangled my legs from around his. Before shifting around to face him with his hand still secured around me.

Placing my hand on his chest, I visibly saw him flinch- probably from how cold it felt- before seeing his eyes twitch before he opened his eyes.

I sucked in a deep breath once seeing him awake, he didn't look grumpy at me for waking him up but almost as if it was a relief I was still here.

It was barely light outside and I wondered how much sleep did I actually get, considering that it was dawn.

"What time is it?" He asked me as I felt his hand caressing my back and I shivered from his touch.

"It's-" I stopped, realizing I didn't have my phone on me. "I don't know."

"How did you sleep?"

"Could have been better." And that exact moment I wished I didn't say that.

He removed his left hand from around me and I felt him moved down to my ankle, hooking my leg around him. "Better?"

"No." I lied. "Are we leaving today?"

"Yes we are."

I really mind leaving because the four business trips we had yesterday, I had gotten to see everything I wanted to see. "Shouldn't I go pack?"

"If you want to." He removed his hand again from me again, leaving me with the chose.

"Maybe a few more minutes." He was quite comfortable to sleep next to.

"That's what I thought." I was literally laying on top of him as he got back comfortable.

"I can still leave." I reminded him.

"Alright." He didn't like the sound of that at all, before he was calling my bluff. Closing my eyes, I rested my head on his chest and the feeling of his fingers playing in my hair made me fall back asleep.

My body woke me up again, but this time I was alone. Sitting up, I looked around his room to see if he was still present but sadly to my disappointment he was nowhere to be found.

Rubbing my eyes, I threw the cover off of me to stand up to leave but hearing the sound of the shower running I knew actually where he was.

Flushing of knowing what requires of a shower, I quickly took my leave of absence.

I retrieved my phone from Adaline's room to see that it was 10:30 in the morning before going to my room. My body was not okay with the time change and I could feel it.

It took me a minute to pack all of my things back where I had them, after that chaotic mess I made yesterday. "Well look who's up." I heard his voice. I never knew a mans voice would make my knees turn into jelly just by his sound.

"Glad you noticed." I walked into the bathroom for no particular reason. "When are we leaving?" I asked him, once I regrouped myself and I had enough courage to walk back out.

"Around 1:45." He was once again dressed in casual clothes. "I have a meeting to get to when we get back."

"It takes almost 7 hours to get back to California." Why would he go to a meeting that late? "You never stop working do you?"