Bless this mess

Maya follows Aaron and notices his facial expression.

"What's wrong?"She speaks up.

"Nothing. I'm just overthinking."He looks at her.

"About?"

"You're not over Josh..."He mumbles.

Her eyes widen. "W-what?"

"You were arguing with Mariah like you two grabbed the last plasma tv on Black Friday and wouldn't let go."

"She just gets on my nerves. It's not because of Josh."Maya tries to explain.

"I really want to believe that."He sniffles.

"You don't trust me?"She whispers.

"How could I if you go back and forth between us?" He scratches the back of his neck.

"I've stopped that Aaron. I chose you. Why can't you just realize that it's only you that I want?"She sighs.

"I've been let down a lot in my life just as you were. I'm very insecure, Maya."

"You're right. I understand a whole lot about being let down. I don't wanna be that person. You make me feel alive. I can't say that you've been different because you've been so familiar. I'm more comfortable with you than Riley and that says a lot."She admits.

Aaron takes her hand. "Whenever you feel that this isn't working out for you, I need to know okay?"

Maya nods. "Same thing applies to you."

He holds her hand. "Not going to happen."

Maya smirks and cuddles up to him as they walk to her house.
-----------
"Thank you for coming Mariah."Josh smiles.

"Besides that whole mess I actually had a nice time."Mariah shrugs.

"Maybe you could come over again? We can watch some movies?"He suggests.

"Oh is Josh starting to miss female attention?"she teases him.

"Ha ha very funny."He mumbles sarcastically.

"I'll take you up on that offer."Mariah grabs her bag and opens the front door.

"Do you want me to walk you home?"

"Actually, I have a car now."She shows him her keys.

"Oh nice, we'll be safe either way."He shrugs.

"Can I ask you a quick question?"

"Boom. A question. You said it."He jokes.

Mariah rolls her eyes. "What changed your mind about me?"

"You are a whole lot different than you were months ago. I like this version of you."He shrugs.

"Well I'm happy to say that this version of me isn't going anywhere anytime soon."She chuckles.

"I heard when you were arguing with Maya and you said you love me."He admits.

"Oh."She stays silent for a few seconds trying to think of what to say.

"Was that part of the whole jealously thing?"He wonders.

"Honestly, everything I said was 100% what I meant in the moment." She nods.

"You have a part of me that no other girl will have. My mind is telling me to kiss you."He scratches the back of his neck.

"And my mind is telling me that if we kiss, nothing will change on how you feel about Maya."She whispers.

"Well of course nothing is gonna change. I love both of you. That's weird to say out loud but like I said. You have a part of me but she also has a part of me."He looks down.

"I can't believe I'm being so civil right now but I know that I deserve to be with someone who one only has eyes for me."Mariah tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I understand...well goodnight."He walks inside and as he's about to close the door Mariah pushes it back and kisses him.

He kisses back and pulls away. "What was that for?"

"Emotionally I can't help it. I'm attached to you. I missed you. I'm literally a sucker for you."She admits.

Josh smiles. "Marry me.."

Mariah's eyes widen. "W-what?"

"Well I just turned 18 and I always find myself coming back to you...maybe this is fate. So...marry me?"He caresses her cheek.

Mariah tears up and nods. "Holy crap, yes!" she hugs him. 

He hugs her back and things go on from there.