Make me

"I'm so sad we're leaving this place."Riley frowns as she places her bags on the bus.

"Feelings aren't mutual. Now I know why Corey hates it here." Maya chuckles as she follows her on.

"Yeah I totally get that my uncle has ruined your experience here but on the bright side, you got to know more about Aaron."Riley teases.

Maya smiles. "Yeah, who knew that I'd have something in common with one of those kids that lets us do all the talking."

"Well homecoming is next week. Maybe he'll ask you."Riley smirks.

"That woul-"

The sound of bickering is heard from outside. Maya and Riley look out the window to see who it is.

"Mariah please just hear me out!"Josh follows her.

"So you can say her name again?"Mariah scoffs.

"It was a mistake, your names are so freaking similar." He tries to defend himself.

"But I'm your girlfriend. You don't hear me saying my ex johns name."She crosses her arms.

Maya puts her hand over her mouth trying to not bust out from laughter.

"Well maybe we should break up then!"Mariah shouts.

"Maybe we should!"Josh yells back.

They turn around from each other and walk away.

Josh enters the bus. "Hey, Maya can we talk?"

Riley looks at them both. "I'll just go find Lucas."she quickly gets off the bus trying to avoid the tension.

Maya rolls her eyes and nods. "What now Josh?"

"Mariah is coming on the bus and I don't want to sit by her. Can I sit with you?"

"Sorry, but I'm sitting with Aaron."

He sighs. "This is too hard for me. Look you know I have feelings for you. I don't like this guy and maybe it's because I'm jealous but I can't help it."

Maya takes a deep breath and looks away. "I can't even talk to you about that right now. Ive always wanted you to like me but now is different. I like Aaron and he treats me very nicely."

Josh frowns and nods. "Okay kiddo."

Maya sits down and plays with her hands. "Kiddo? Is he freaking serious?"she whispers.

"Peaches?"Riley gets on the bus with Lucas.

"What's wrong with me?"Maya chuckles sadly.

"Nothing is wrong with you."Lucas sits by her.

"I feel terrible. My heart says forget about this Aaron kid and jump on boing. But my mind is questioning if josh will even be loyal enough to not drop me for Mariah."

"You and I both know that you'll do the right thing."Riley points out.

"He makes me weak in the knees. Every time he walks into a room I can't help but smile so hard. But then Aaron and I have so many things in common it's insane. "Maya sighs.

"Yeah well nothing is gonna happen between you and josh as long as I'm in picture."Mariah cuts her off.

Maya rolls her eyes. "Yet you two broke up."

"And we get back to together all over again. Remember that."Mariah smirks and sits in the front.

Maya frowns and looks at Lucas and Riley. "Don't worry about it peaches." Riley mumbles.

After a while the class starts to make their way inside of the bus and Aaron sits next to Maya. "I found this."He hands her flower.

"Why thank you."Maya blushes and takes it.

"Look I know what happened...things spread around really fast."

"What do you mean?"Maya looks at him confused.

"About you and josh."He looks down.

Maya looks at him starting to feel bad. "I don't know what to say, I mean I like him but I like you too. It's just really confusing to me."

"I get it. But one thing about me is that I don't ever want to be a second choice to anyone."He stands up.

"That's not my intent Aaron. Please sit down." She begs.

He shakes his head. "Maya, you're a beautiful human being, but so damaged just like me. I know what it's like to feel alone and this may be overwhelming."

"What are you trying to say?"Her voice cracks.

"You won't stay liking me because I'm a nice guy. Girls don't appreciate nice guys. They go with jerks. That guy is a complete jerk." He grabs his bag.

Maya just watches him.

"You have nothing to say? Figures. See you in class." He whispers and walks to sit somewhere else.

Maya feels a pain in her chest and she takes a deep breath, looking around speechless.