Ice cream face

"So this is your favorite ice cream hangout?"Maya chuckles at how kid like it is.

"It just reminds me of my childhood. I used to come here all the time with my dad."Aaron shrugs and walks up to the counter.

"What would you like?"The lady smiles at them.

"Mint chocolate chip and this lovely lady would like...?"He looks over at Maya.

Maya blushes. "Just chocolate."

The lady nods and starts to get the ice cream.

"So...you met a girl. What's she like?"Maya asks curiously.

"Jealous?"Aaron teases her.

Maya scoffs. "No? I just wanted to be nosy and see if she's nice."

The lady hands them their ice creams.

Aaron chuckles. "She is very nice, book smart, she cares about her future unlike me so that's something different."

They walk to a table and sit down.

"You don't care about your future?"Maya questions him.

"I do but I don't."He licks the ice cream.

"Explain."

"Well, I want a fancy career. Become a rich person. But this is life, things don't come true for you at a snap of a finger. I know that I won't bother to work hard for it."He shrugs.

"That's how I feel too but I have..."She frowns remembering what happened.

"What's wrong?"He looks at her confused.

"I had a support system. That was Riley but I turned my back on her because she was looking out for me."Maya looks down.

Aaron gets up and hugs her.

"You didn't have to do that."Maya blushes.

He pulls away and acts like he's going to his seat.

Aaron taps Maya's shoulder, making her turn his direction and jokingly puts the ice cream in her face.

She gasps at the coldness. "Oh you did not just do that!"

She jumps up and chases him around.

She gets a hold of him and puts her cone on his head.

They both laugh, dump out their ice creams after and leave the ice cream parlor.

"It's getting pretty dark, I'll walk you home if you want?"Aaron suggests.

"No it's okay I don't live too far from here."Maya pauses and gives him a look.

"Alright well text me when you get home so I know your alright."He smiles.

"I never knew I could meet a guy like you."She chuckles.

"What? You never had a guy tell you to text them when you get home just so they knew you were okay?"His eyes widen.

"Nope, goodness Aaron. You're different from any other guy. You and I have many things in common. Will you kiss me already?"Maya giggles.

"I would but Im not going to let you juggle between me and that camper guy, Josh. Yes I like you but I'm a human being with feelings too. No one should feel like a second option." Aaron mumbles.

"I totally understand. But I've come to a realization that josh isn't what I want."Maya whispers.

Aaron sighs. "I really don't want to risk it."

"I promise that I want you a whole lot more than I want him."Maya caresses his cheek.

"I don't want to but you're so beautiful it's a bit intimidating."Aaron bites his lip.

Maya grabs him by his shirt and kisses him.

Aaron places his hand on her lower back and kisses back gently.

Maya then pulls away slowly and blushes. "See you around."

Aaron nods and watches her walk away.