chapter 10: Peace

"Peace is always beautiful"

Walt Whitman

Often it is easy to be angry and to be in a quarrel with the world and with ourselves, but the truth of the matter is that this generally hurts us more than it helps us. Being in a constant war with people, ourselves, our past only makes us remember why we were unhappy to begin with we get no joy from not being at peace and as much as it often feels like this is something that we have no control over, there is absolutely no feeling that we let in that we can not control, when we decide that we want to be at peace and we want a sense of stillness in our lives, we could at any point let go of all the things that hurt us in the past and we can forgive and even forget about how it made us feel and be at peace with ourselves and with the world.

Now obviously this is not easy, if it was then even I would be at peace and so would the rest of the world,but it is of paramount importance that we learn the importance of being at peace, if something hurt you once and brought you pain and sadness in the past than we have absolutely no reason to let it continue hurting us and letting it control our lives.

The road to peace and happiness is one that is filled with roses with thorns and along the way we pick these roses up because from a distance we hurt and we feel pain from the thorns piercing through our skin, but this does not mean that the next rose that we will pick up will also be untrimmed and hurt us the same way as the last one did, but when we do not have peace this logic does not apply to us. When we do not have peace then absolutely everything that even resembles a rose is a trigger and we get upset, we start to feel frustrated because even if we had dropped the rose that hurt us we never truly let it go, so even when we are no longer holding it in our hands, it continues to hurt us.

Tranquility is something that very few people in the world have, I myself am unfortunately excluded from this gift, but so are many of us, but I suppose that the sooner we realize that this is not something that the world gives us but it is rather something that we give to ourselves then we are closer to joining the circle, we are closer to being calm, and not the type of calm that exists from us biting our tongues because we do not want to appear as crazy but the type of calm that exists because we have peace.

Having peace means that we are in a place where no level of hostility can move us and shake us and place us where we do not wish to be, it means that no matter what is happening in our lives we are able to smile and genuinely be happy.