Chapter 9:Fear

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness
That most frightens us.

We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small
Does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us;
It's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we're liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others."

-Marianne Williamson

Often we allow ourselves to be less than what we want to be because we believe that this is what is required of us, we often fear excelling because we think that it is not possible to be better than what we already are, and even when we think and know that we can achieve greater things in our lives, we fear the amount of change that this new found level of excellence will require and at times, we are even unfortunate enough to think about what will happen when we try something new and we actually end up excelling in it and than 10 weeks down the line, we start to fail having already tasted our full potential as well as excellence,and so we end up not even giving ourselves a chance, we end up forgetting what we had longed for to begin with and what we wanted to achieve and we find comfort in staying in a place and position in life that even if we were to be paid to remain there we would still be unhappy.

It is so important for us to understand that when there is the slightest chance of something bringing us happiness and even joy then we owe it to ourselves to at least give it a try, we owe it to ourselves to give ourselves a chance. It can be so easy to live in fear and to basically not have the courage to give ourselves and our dreams the chance or the opportunity to become a reality. Saying no to life, our dreams and just about anything that can bring us joy and happiness is far more easier than we often want to admit.As a matter of fact we say no to our dreams far more often than we say yes and we take risks.

Understandably taking a leap of faith can be hard and can be risky but the truth is that it is much better to live life knowing that we have and that we are living our lives to the fullest and that when the time is right for us, we give opportunity a chance instead of turning our backs on it simply because we fear that we might fail.

Granted not everything that we do in life will become a success or be exactly as we had imagined it to be but that disappointment is still better than living in fear and forever wondering if things could have turned out differently if we had tried.

Fear takes far more than we often realize, fear takes and it never gives, it never gives us the chance to be the greatest versions of ourselves imaginable. It allows us to be comfortable with being just ordinary, and this is something that we need to let go of.