Chapter 17: Lessons

We fear the unknown more than we fear what we know, even if our know is the cause of so many problems in our live, if we are honest enough with ourselves than we would probably not be seen as such an atrocious generation, I mean come on be honest....how many times have you actually done something because you actually care about how its going to affect other people, and yes other people includes people that you don't know and even those you may never know.

we are always surrounded by the same thing, anything that's not routine is perfectly alien to us, you wake up , jog, come back, eat , take a shower, go to school, come back home ,homework, eat ,sleep and we wake up the next day just to do the exact same thing again.....I mean what in the world is wrong with us, when will we learn that we are meant to learn something new about ourselves everyday but because we don't give ourselves time to try reading a new book about politics or even human behaviour we go to sleep knowing the exact same thing that we woke up knowing.

Sometimes I find myself in situations where I don't know how to respond to the things people say because I am not used to it,which is pretty normal since we all have different "cliques" that we chill with so obviously the cool kids aren't going to be talking about how Jacob Zuma or how Obama is the first black president in America, but that's not the aim anyway, the aim is to maybe know that you have the perfect hair for a certain hairstyle, the aim in life is to not only learn something new in class but maybe learn something new about yourself and that's exactly what makes a person become a better them and that's simply self-acceptance and self-awareness, we cant all be tall or the next miss world but we can certainly learn to love ourselves and see beauty in the deepest cracks on our skin, but until we know what those unidentified flaws are then how are we to improve the people that we are and become better beings that not only change their friends way of thinking but change the way in which society views them.

I have come to realise that not everyone thinks that its important to work hard all the time, and some people believe that the most important thing in life is happiness, for me that was life changing not because I got to learn something new but mostly because that taught me to smile which resulted in my everyday life feeling less like a bunch of tasks that I need to do but I started  viewing tasks as challenges and things that are fun which will result in me being stronger and becoming a better person next time I find myself in a difficult situation. I mean obviously no two people see life with the same perspective and that's just exactly why we need to teach ourselves to listen and understand that although there is a thin line between being judged and being corrected there still is a difference, and not everyone in the world is out to make us feel inferior or feel like we are monsters, however we unfortunately struggle with accepting advice from other people especially people whom we are not familiar with.

the main thing in this chapter is that we learn to listen when people talk to us, not everything that people say to us is a judgement. sometimes its a genuine thing and you might just learn something new but also remember that when you advise someone the last thing you should do is force your personal opinion on them and try to change the people that they are.