Reaper at my Door

New Orleans 1821

Tuesday

"Arahhhhh" I roared sweeping my hands across the large mahogany table, sending all its contents tumbling to the floor.

I had used every grimoire, every dark text, every artefact nothing worked the horrible blackspot still remained in the palm of my right hand and it was growing by the second.

Come Sunday I would be dead.

When the curse had been initially put on me it hadn't bothered me, after all I had nothing to live for, now though, now I wasn't so sure about dying, and there was only one person to blame for that.

Elijah Mikaelson.

Although I had tried to deny it, the noble original vampire had found his way into my cold black heart our passionate kiss a few nights ago confirmed it. Tears slipped down my cheeks shocking me to my core, I couldn't remember the last time I had cried over a man. I was like some stupid love sick adolescent, it made me feel disgusting and weak.

I became furious with myself for crying over something that I had no control over, I had known for over a year that this curse would kill me yet I let myself fall in love with a man that I could never have.

My temper got the best of me as I started tearing apart my magic room, I didn't care that it was the most precious place in my home, it wouldn't matter come Sunday.

The room which was filled with all things witchcraft related, books, grimoires, herbs and everything else witchy was thrown around the room by my own hand, my physical strength wasn't enough, I could feel my magic bubbling in my blood so I let it free.

The room started to shake; I screamed as my magic released causing an uncontrollable earthquake, debris fell from the ceiling and walls but I didn't stop, I didn't even know if I could.

My power spread from the small room through the house and out onto the streets of New Orleans, I could hear the terrified screams of the people outside as my earthquake shook the city, but I didn't care, nothing mattered anymore.

"Giselle" someone called but I ignored it.

"Giselle" they tried again.

"GISELLE" they roared grabbing and shaking my shoulders bringing me out of my destructive trance.

"Stop" Laurel whispered and I did, I took a deep shuddering breath sinking to the floor Laurel dropping down beside me wrapping me in a tight hug, as I tried to calm myself down and get my magic under control.

"Has something happened?" my friend and housekeeper questioned. I ignored her and pulled off the gloves I had been wearing for the past few days, I heard her gasp as my black palm came into view. Laurel of course knew all about my curse as she was the only person who in the entire world I trusted completely.