I am Such a Good Wife

Please look at the previous chapter and vote for my stories in the 2017 TVD fanfiction awards all details in previous chapter. 

.

There she was, standing in her long cream night gown blowing in the summer breeze, letting him see the exquisite silhouette that was beneath the flimsy material. One shoulder of the nightgown had fallen down her arm revealing her smooth velvet like skin. Her hair which was in its natural state of untamed waves blowing behind her as stood in front of the open balcony windows.

She turned and smiled a carefree breathtaking smile a rare thing to see on her face, only he was aloud to see this side of her.

Haley sat with Elijah's head on her lap using a rag to wipe away the sweat gathered at his forehead from the fever, her actions were now frozen as she saw the flash of memory.

The woman in the memory she recognised as Giselle. The woman who had sent the bottle of champagne to Klaus and then introduced herself the day after Elijah came home, she was also from what Rebekah said Elijah's wife.

Giselle was cold and just plain scary, from her understanding she was a woman you didn't want to get on the wrong side of. No matter how much she imagined Giselle and Elijah together she couldn't see it, Klaus yeah, Elijah not so much but from the memory she had just seen she was starting to see why Elijah and Giselle were a couple.

"Giselle" Elijah moaned in delirium.

Elijah felt himself being pulled from the memory of Giselle when he felt Haley jerk herself away from him. Even though Haley had been nothing but kind to him helping him get through the discomfort of the bite, his brother inflicted on him her couldn't help but wish she was Giselle, his enchantress.

***

I got to the Bayou in record time. I had the map from home on my passenger seat so I knew exactly where Elijah was. I pulled up outside of a run-down shack beside a swamp sensing two people inside. I stepped out of my car and looked around with disgust, it smelled as awful as it looked.

"I am such a good wife" I muttered walking up to the shack, my face frozen in repulsion.

When I stepped inside the shack, where I saw Elijah lying on a camp bed that had seen better days, he was sweating and I could tell he was delirious. Haley sat opposite him looking lost, her head snapped to me when the door creaked closed.

"Giselle?" she wondered in shock.

"How did you know we were?"

"How do you think Elijah and Klaus found you? I also got a phone call saying Klaus had wolfed out on his brother, now here I am" I explained in a bored tone as I examined the shack with a clinical eye.

"Here" I told her handing her a bag of takeout, I bought on the way here. She looked at me confused and slightly hesitant not that I blamed her.

"You and that baby have to eat" I said as if it was the most oblivious thing in the world.

"Thanks" Haley replied taking the fast food from my hands.

"I'm going to use some herbs on the bite to soothe the pain, then I'm going to try getting some blood down him. I don't think you want to be here for that".

"I'll take this outside then" she spoke awkwardly walking around me and out the door.

I walked over to Elijah who was shaking and lifted his head to place on my lap so I could sit down. I grabbed a rag that Haley had been using and wiped the sweat from his brow.