"Yes, at least for two weeks until my right arm heals. Tasha and I were talking about that yesterday." My right was a little sore this morning. Still, wrap up. But I can adjust it.

"That's good. Your arm should be healed by then but you will be sore for a while." He knows what he's talking about. He has first degrees burns on his leg. The story he told me. God was on his side that day. If he didn't escape, he'll be dead or badly injured.

We had a good hour talk until he had to go back to work. I did not want to eat in front of him, so I waited until he left. I inhaled the meatloaf like it was nothing. Wow, that was the best meatloaf I've ever had. Maybe better than my mom's meatloaf.

Waiting for Tasha to arrive. Well, the doctor going to come back and check my breathing again. I see Tasha walk through the door with a frozen lemonade in hand.

"How was lunch with Bonnie?" She was all happy walking in. I don't want to know what there were talking about.

"Awesome. It was what I needed. I hope you come home today." I know she's lonely and misses me.

"Well, I will find out soon once the doctor comes in. I can't be here any longer."

"My cast comes off in a few weeks. I can finally be free and start taking showers again." She's not liking the bath so much.

"Well, for a pregnant woman, your patience." If I was in her position. I would get irritated and want it off now. Like right now.

"Thanks." I grab her hand to kiss the top. She was blushing.

Before supper, the doctor came and gave me a go, to go home. He prescribes me antibiotics for ten just in case there's no infection in my lungs. And also, puffers to clear my lungs out. Taking over-the-counter pain medication. He said my lungs sound good and come back if my chest hurt to where I can't breathe.

We came home to the smell of homemade cooking. I miss my mom's cooking. It smells like pasta.

"Glad you're home, Corey. Rest your body." Giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Where's dad?" I didn't see him in the living room or the kitchen.

"Oh, he met up with an old friend while we were out today. So there catching up." Taking a casserole dish out of the oven. Pleasing it on the counter.

My dad has some childhood friends that he kept in touch with through all these years. He tells me stories about them. Their adventures going up.

"Now go rest I said." When my mom means you rest, you rest. No question to ask.

Walking into the living room and Tasha was all comfy, laying on the love seat. Flipping through the channels to see what's on.

I sat down with a pillow behind me and a warm blanket covering my legs. I don't think I could spend another night at the hospital. It's very uncomfortable being there by myself.

I see my bringing a plate of food. "What did you make?" I ask my mom.

"Your favourite spaghetti casserole." Settling it in my hands. Feeling the hot stream coming off of it.

"Do you want to make you a plate, Tasha?"

"No, it's fine. I'm not hungry right now." She sounded tired.

"Okay, that's fine. I'll make a plate for you for later now." I suggested her idea to Tasha.

"Okay, thanks for doing that."

"Your welcome Tasha." My mom went back into the kitchen. Probably making her and Tasha's plate.

After eating my favourite delicious spaghetti casserole. I'm full and satisfied. My mom's been helping a lot around here, since coming here.